Computer maker Dell has proposed a settlement in a long-term investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into the company's accounting and financial reporting practices, the company said Friday.
ATLANTA -- The development of "smart TVs" is also leading, not surprisingly, to the creation of a smart remote as well, thanks to <a Intel.
Intel's latest microprocessor family, code-named Sandy Bridge, will start rolling off production lines faster than expected due to rave reviews by customers, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the second quarter of fiscal 2010, buoyed by strong microprocessor sales in the server segment.
Intel Corp.is creating a new research lab dedicated to figuring out how people want to use computers in the future.
Intel has no plans to shelve its Celeron processor brand in 2011, the chip maker said Friday in response to a Taiwanese press report.
After a slow start, a larger number of PCs are using the 64-bit version of Windows 7, and the OS will soon become the norm as users move to 64-bit computing, Microsoft said on Thursday.
Quanta Computer, the world's largest contract laptop computer maker, set record highs for shipments and revenue in the month of June, a sign demand for technology products hasn't stumbled despite fears of debt problems in some parts of Europe.
After three years in development, Oracle Corp.'s much-anticipated Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE) suite will be formally released at an event in London on Wednesday.
Intel is closing down its WiMax Program Office in Taiwan and shifting employees from that group to other platform and products groups, a company spokesman said Thursday.
MIT researchers have developed technology that they say not only will make the Internet 100 to 1,000 times faster, but also could make high-speed data access a lot cheaper.
Supercomputers that mix CPUs with graphics processors made their mark on the Green500 list of top energy-efficient supercomputers released on Wednesday.
Toshiba will sell a modified version of Intel's Classmate convertible laptop in Japan, the company said Thursday.
MeeGo, a Linux Foundation effort to provide a mobile version of Linux, moves on Wednesday to "Day 1" of the MeeGo Handset User Experience project, with developers able to access handset baseline source code and leverage touch capabilities, MeeGo repr...
This article is the second in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part two, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzW5V1vT-pU">click here</a>.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW