Intel is doomed, Hermann Hauser has claimed in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. If you don't know who Hauser is, he happens to be one of the co-founders of ARM -- possibly Intel's most dangerous foe in the semiconductor marketplace, when al...
Intel will integrate configurable processors from Altera in a new family of Atom chips, the E600C series, for embedded uses such as industrial, military and transportation applications.
An experimental Intel chip shows the feasibility of building processors with 1,000 cores, an Intel researcher has asserted.
If someone on your gift list wants a laptop, the first thing you need to do is figure out which category of laptop best suits the recipient's needs. Once you've done that, it's time to examine the specifications. You'll have to choose from among a ho...
Like Hollywood's Academy Awards, the Top500 list of supercomputers is dutifully watched by high-performance computing (HPC) participants and observers, even as they vocally doubt its fidelity to excellence.
Lenovo Monday released an ultraportable with the weight of a netbook and the power of a laptop. The Lenovo IdeaPad U260 sports luxurious trim, and is aimed at consumers as interested in fashion as much as they are functionality.
Micro Express's NBL5100 is a remarkably solid brick of a machine for $1199 (as of November 15, 2010). A matte-black block, this desktop replacement laptop makes a clear statement: You do not care about looks. And that isn't even the "I don't care abo...
Intel's investment division Tuesday announced it has invested $32 million in Israeli start-up Anobit Technologies, whose MLC-flash based solid state drive (SSD) for enterprise data centers emerged from its development stage earlier this year.
The University of New Mexico's patent arm, STC, filed a lawsuit against Intel on Monday alleging the infringement of a patent related to advanced chip manufacturing.
In an effort to expand software compatibility for its upcoming Fusion chips, Advanced Micro Devices on Monday joined rival Intel's efforts to develop the open-source MeeGo OS.
Salesforce.com does not plan to spread its wings to offer its large customer base other applications besides its customer relationship management (CRM) applications, a company executive said.
Arm has entered the server market with Marvell Semiconductor announcing a chip based on its processor architecture, but customer acceptance and design issues could affect its chances of winning market share from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, anal...
Intel on Monday opened a research and development center in Bucharest that will focus on software development.
Marvell on Monday announced a quad-core chip designed for use in servers that could help Arm break into a server market currently dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
Intel on Wednesday said it would release in the first quarter next year Core VPro processors for business desktops and laptops that incorporate a host of new security and management features.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTWindows EngineerWA
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC