Toshiba will sell a modified version of Intel's Classmate convertible laptop in Japan, the company said Thursday.
MeeGo, a Linux Foundation effort to provide a mobile version of Linux, moves on Wednesday to "Day 1" of the MeeGo Handset User Experience project, with developers able to access handset baseline source code and leverage touch capabilities, MeeGo repr...
This article is the second in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part two, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzW5V1vT-pU">click here</a>.
MeeGo, a Linux project combining Intel and Nokia software, released an early version of the mobile phone OS to developers on Wednesday.
Intel Corp. is creating a new research lab dedicated to helping scientists figure out how people will use computers in the future.
This article is the first in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part one, click here.
Over the past two years, solid state drives (SSDs) have only been sold directly to laptop or portable device manufacturers or through selected online electronics retail sites.
Intel tried to push back at coverage of a recently published paper that found its Core i7 processors couldn't match the parallel processing performance of an Nvidia GPU, saying its rival took the findings of the paper out of context in a blog post th...
Intel has posted a demonstration of its Linux-based Meego OS for tablet computers via a YouTube video that shows the OS's multitouch support, multitasking and integrated social networking.
Facebook regularly reviews whether to continue using its own data centers or hand off its processing to a cloud service provider, and its operations remain on homegrown infrastructure.
Intel researchers have published the results of a performance comparison between their latest quad-core Core i7 processor and a two-year-old Nvidia graphics card, and found that the Intel processor can't match the graphics chip's parallel processing ...
Intel may be close to settling the antitrust lawsuit filed by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission late last year.
Intel is now offering its fastest dual-core Core i3 laptop processor to PC makers including Dell and Hewlett-Packard, which are selling laptops with the chip.
At Intel's annual Research Day this month it will show technologies that read users gestures and respond to thoughts, and a cloud-computing ready "smart car" with accident-prevention smarts.
Intel's next-generation server processor code-named Westmere-EX will pack in 10 cores, an industry source said on Monday
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTSenior Project AdministratorVIC
- TPSharePoint ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)SA
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- PTService Management Analyst (Part-Time)SA