This article is the second in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part two, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzW5V1vT-pU">click here</a>.
MeeGo, a Linux project combining Intel and Nokia software, released an early version of the mobile phone OS to developers on Wednesday.
Intel Corp. is creating a new research lab dedicated to helping scientists figure out how people will use computers in the future.
This article is the first in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part one, click here.
Over the past two years, solid state drives (SSDs) have only been sold directly to laptop or portable device manufacturers or through selected online electronics retail sites.
Intel tried to push back at coverage of a recently published paper that found its Core i7 processors couldn't match the parallel processing performance of an Nvidia GPU, saying its rival took the findings of the paper out of context in a blog post th...
Intel has posted a demonstration of its Linux-based Meego OS for tablet computers via a YouTube video that shows the OS's multitouch support, multitasking and integrated social networking.
Facebook regularly reviews whether to continue using its own data centers or hand off its processing to a cloud service provider, and its operations remain on homegrown infrastructure.
Intel researchers have published the results of a performance comparison between their latest quad-core Core i7 processor and a two-year-old Nvidia graphics card, and found that the Intel processor can't match the graphics chip's parallel processing ...
Intel may be close to settling the antitrust lawsuit filed by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission late last year.
Intel is now offering its fastest dual-core Core i3 laptop processor to PC makers including Dell and Hewlett-Packard, which are selling laptops with the chip.
At Intel's annual Research Day this month it will show technologies that read users gestures and respond to thoughts, and a cloud-computing ready "smart car" with accident-prevention smarts.
Intel's next-generation server processor code-named Westmere-EX will pack in 10 cores, an industry source said on Monday
Intel's next-generation processor code-named Westmere-EX may include more cores than the company's current server chips, according to the title of a paper about the chip announced on Sunday.
Intel's research and development group was the first internal segment to increase efficiency with an infrastructure- and platform-as-a-service approach, improving its server utilization rate from 59 percent in the first half of 2006 to 80 percent tod...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Avaya says bankruptcy is a step toward software and services
- As with PCs, you can now customize Raspberry Pi-like computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD