Orthodox server designs are receiving a face-lift with Intel's Nehalem-EX processor, with vendors implementing new memory features to boost application performance.
Intel on Tuesday announced eight-core Nehalem-EX chips, which the company said provide performance jumps that could bring critical infrastructure computing to mainstream servers.
Intel remained the world's largest chip maker by revenue for the eighteenth consecutive year in 2009, despite an overall decline in the global chip market, Gartner said Monday.
The Commodore 64 is back, after a US company announced plans to release a PC resembling the classic computer but this time including Intel dual- or quad-core processors and support for Windows 7.
Intel CEO Paul Otellini saw his pay package jump in fiscal 2009 by 17 percent, which included performance-linked awards for guiding the company out of the recession, as a pay freeze for all employees was lifted, the company said.
Google is working with Intel, Sony and other partners to develop Google TV, a service aimed at putting the Internet search giant's Web offerings in people's living rooms, the New York Times reported Wednesday.
Intel unveiled an array of new Xeon 5600 server processors.
Intel introduced a line of Xeon server chips that operate up to 60 percent faster than previous server processors, the company said on Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard, Dell and IBM rolled-out new servers on Tuesday based on Intel's latest Xeon 5600 microprocessors, which promise better performance and power consumption.
Desktop processor technology took a significant step forward this month with the unveiling of six-core processors by both Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Intel Corp., analysts say.
Intel invested an undisclosed amount in social media incubator Betaworks to gain insight into real-time user behavior on social networks, the chip maker said on Thursday.
Intel unveiled its newest flagship processor for the desktop market, the Core i7 980x Extreme. The CPU pushes the envelope by including six physical cores, and hyperthreading technology to virtualize twelve cores--its almost like having twelve comput...
Intel is standing by its promise for a March release of its next generation Xeon processors.
Chip giant Intel, a major backer of the movement to provide mobile WiMax wireless broadband to Internet users around the world, expects the next major release of the technology to be deployed starting in 2012, an executive said Tuesday.
Intel acknowledged Monday that at least one counterfeit version of its Core i7-920 processor made its may into the U.S. market, and said it's trying to determine how many more are out there.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT