Intel's plan to improve its Atom processor line, including the launch of a dual-core version this quarter, could help sustain demand for mobile products including netbooks.
The world's first mainstream six-core microprocessor, AMD's Phenom II X6 1055T, has gone on sale in the UK at prices that might give <a href="http://news.techworld.com/sme/3221731/amd-six-core-chips-cheaper-than-intel/">Intel's Core i3 and Core i5 sy...
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
After distributing a buggy antivirus update that apparently disabled hundreds of thousands of computers on Wednesday, McAfee is still at a loss to explain exactly what happened.
Intel is developing an edition of the Linux-based Meego OS that will work on mainstream laptops and desktops, a company executive said this week.
The little-known but potentially important Intel Windows Display (WiDi) wireless technology has turned up in the latest Toshiba laptop, the Satellite A660.
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to build momentum for its laptop chips in an attempt to improve its weak market position and gain ground on rival Intel, analysts said on Friday.
Intel will introduce a dual-core Atom processor this quarter as it tries to improve the performance of the inexpensive, low-power chips, CEO Paul Otellini said during an earnings conference call on Tuesday.
Intel sees its Light Peak technology for linking devices by optical cable as potentially succeeding USB 3.0, a change that in several years could mean the disappearance of a port used almost universally in gadgets today.
Intel on Wednesday announced a line of microprocessors for the embedded processor market aimed at a range of products, from digital signs and electronic car dashboard systems to digital cash registers, IP phones and digital blackjack machines.
Intel showed off a pocket-sized device that monitors power usage by gadgets and appliances across a house, from toasters to computer monitors and video game consoles.
The latest family of Intel microprocessors, code-named Sandy Bridge, will be in production by the end of this year, while desktops and laptops with the chips will likely be on world markets in early 2011.
Intel has ported Google's Android mobile operating system to smartphones based on its Atom microprocessors, an Intel executive said Tuesday.
Intel will team up with Chinese Internet company Tencent on development using the next generation of the MeeGo mobile operating system, Intel said Tuesday.
Intel is talking to several companies to use their Web software programming tools with the AppUp store, including Adobe Air and Microsoft Silverlight, but it's having a hard time finding anyone to talk to about Java.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
- Google beefs Linux up kernel defenses in Android
- Asana's new feature lets users mark what tasks are holding them up
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW