Intel will bring its wireless display technology to mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, company executives said this week.
A shortage of the latest Intel laptop PC microprocessors worsened in April, but the chip giant says it will meet demand by the end of this quarter.
Intel on Tuesday showed off a netbook with a dual-core Atom processor as it talked up efforts to crank up the performance of the low-cost laptops.
Samsung Electronics plans to invest a massive amount of money to develop new businesses ranging from green energy to healthcare, such as solar cells and biopharmaceuticals.
Intel Capital and several other investors have placed $40 million into Virtustream, a data center co-location and services company that recently launched a cloud computing service.
Intel will soon release new low-power processors for a class of thin and light laptops that bridge the gap between netbooks and mainstream laptops, a company spokeswoman confirmed on Friday.
Intel on Thursday said it would release a successor to its eight-core Nehalem-EX chips next year with more cores and faster speeds as it tries to push the limits of server performance.
Intel has set its sights on the burgeoning tablet computing market with its latest Moorestown chips, which the company believes will help break rival Arm's dominant position in the handheld device market.
Intel is looking to invest in cloud computing and mobility as the company tries to meet its US$200 million investment commitment in U.S. companies over a two-year period, an Intel executive said on Monday.
Intel's plan to improve its Atom processor line, including the launch of a dual-core version this quarter, could help sustain demand for mobile products including netbooks.
The world's first mainstream six-core microprocessor, AMD's Phenom II X6 1055T, has gone on sale in the UK at prices that might give <a href="http://news.techworld.com/sme/3221731/amd-six-core-chips-cheaper-than-intel/">Intel's Core i3 and Core i5 sy...
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
After distributing a buggy antivirus update that apparently disabled hundreds of thousands of computers on Wednesday, McAfee is still at a loss to explain exactly what happened.
Intel is developing an edition of the Linux-based Meego OS that will work on mainstream laptops and desktops, a company executive said this week.
The little-known but potentially important Intel Windows Display (WiDi) wireless technology has turned up in the latest Toshiba laptop, the Satellite A660.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC