Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to...
We all know that the GPU (graphics processing unit) in modern computers is essentially responsible for everything you see on your screen. Both Windows Vista and Windows 7 can use the GPU to render the desktop, taking advantage of 3D acceleration feat...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
- IBM is folding SoftLayer into its Bluemix cloud services portfolio
- Azure brings SQL Server Analysis Services to the cloud
- Schneider Electric PLC simulator flaw exposes workstations to hacking
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- FTCommunications Network EngineerACT
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW