Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to...
We all know that the GPU (graphics processing unit) in modern computers is essentially responsible for everything you see on your screen. Both Windows Vista and Windows 7 can use the GPU to render the desktop, taking advantage of 3D acceleration feat...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
- A Turkish hacker is giving out prizes for DDoS attacks
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW