Google plans to serve most of its ads over encrypted HTTPS connections by the end of June, a move that will protect against some ad hijacking attacks and will encourage website owners to enable encryption on their Web properties.
Interactive Advertising Bureau
Two U.S. lawmakers have called on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to investigate the use of so-called supercookies on many websites, with the two suggesting that use of the hard-to-remove tracking tools may be an unfair business practice.
Online ad spending in the U.S. reached a record high in the first quarter, as companies expand their digital marketing budgets in reaction to people's increased Internet usage and engagement.
U.S. companies and organizations spent 15 percent more in online advertising in 2010 than in 2009, driving revenue for advertising providers like Google, Yahoo and Facebook to a total of US$26 billion, setting a record, according to a study.
Online advertising spending in the U.S. continued to accelerate in the third quarter, as the market rebounds from a slowdown last year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCWeb Application SpecialistSA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW