If operators are to build 5G mobile networks with download speeds at 10Gbps and above, they are going to need a lot more spectrum -- but getting it won't be easy.
Microsoft has lost the latest round in a patent-infringement case that could lead to an import ban on its phones.
Samsung has signed a patent deal with InterDigital, a week before the U.S. International Trade Commission could have decided to ban the import of several Samsung phones into the U.S.
A Chinese anti-monopoly investigation into Qualcomm is examining whether the U.S. company has been abusing its market position and overcharging clients, the nation's regulators said.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against InterDigital in a complaint that alleged Huawei, Nokia, ZTE had infringed the company's patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
- NBN: Question marks over copper costs persist
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCMobile LI SMEVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW