If operators are to build 5G mobile networks with download speeds at 10Gbps and above, they are going to need a lot more spectrum -- but getting it won't be easy.
Microsoft has lost the latest round in a patent-infringement case that could lead to an import ban on its phones.
Samsung has signed a patent deal with InterDigital, a week before the U.S. International Trade Commission could have decided to ban the import of several Samsung phones into the U.S.
A Chinese anti-monopoly investigation into Qualcomm is examining whether the U.S. company has been abusing its market position and overcharging clients, the nation's regulators said.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against InterDigital in a complaint that alleged Huawei, Nokia, ZTE had infringed the company's patents.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW