If operators are to build 5G mobile networks with download speeds at 10Gbps and above, they are going to need a lot more spectrum -- but getting it won't be easy.
Microsoft has lost the latest round in a patent-infringement case that could lead to an import ban on its phones.
Samsung has signed a patent deal with InterDigital, a week before the U.S. International Trade Commission could have decided to ban the import of several Samsung phones into the U.S.
A Chinese anti-monopoly investigation into Qualcomm is examining whether the U.S. company has been abusing its market position and overcharging clients, the nation's regulators said.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against InterDigital in a complaint that alleged Huawei, Nokia, ZTE had infringed the company's patents.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- TPICT Support Analyst (level 1 & 2)SA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW