A technology that lets copper telephone wires compete with fiber has finally been standardized, opening the way for affordable, interoperable equipment running at up to 1Gbps.
International Telecommunication Union
The International Telecommunication Union should resist calls to adopt rules allowing countries to charge fees for Internet traffic coming from outside their borders, said 21 digital rights groups from 11 countries.
Members of the public will be able to eavesdrop on intergovernmental negotiations about the future of the Internet that began Monday in Busan, South Korea, after participants voted to webcast the meetings.
Widely accepted projections of a shortage of mobile spectrum may not be as dire as many analysts in the mobile and tech sectors are making it out to be, according to a new study.
A broadband standard that aims to support bandwidth-intensive applications such as streaming Ultra-HDTV movies without the need to install fiber between the distribution point and people's homes met its first-stage approval, the International Telecom...
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW