The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is aiming to strengthen requirements for transparency, independence and accountability in its next contract for the creation of top-level domains.
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
Control of North Korea's top-level Internet domain has been formally assigned to a government-backed venture after the previous operator, a German company, let the national domain disappear from the Internet for several months.
A critical juncture in history arrived this week as the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) assigned the last IPv4 addresses to the five regions of the world's Regional Internet Registries.
The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has handed out its last IPv4 addresses, leaving the remaining blocks to regional registries that in some cases may exhaust them within a few months.
A press conference taking place on Thursday in Miami is expected to mark the last allocation of internet protocol version 4 (IPv4) addresses by the central authority that assigns them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Arduino targets the Internet of Things with Primo board
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia