Facebook is acquiring a company that specializes in speech interpretation and translation software. The move, disclosed Monday, could help Facebook better connect its users across the globe.
Path, the social network designed to better connect people who are already well-acquainted, is opening up its API to 13 outside developers to give its users more ways to share content.
Salesforce.com has rolled out a new product bundle that includes even more applications than its high-end Unlimited Edition, albeit at a higher price.
Bitcoin wallets on Android are vulnerable to theft because of problems in a component that generates secure random numbers, developers said.
Job candidates seeking employment at consulting firm McKinsey & Company better prepare themselves -- it ranked as the toughest company to interview at in a recent report, well ahead of big-name technology players like Google, Microsoft and Facebook.
Salesforce.com is raising the cost of an initial security review for paid applications in its AppExchange store from US$300 to $2,700, saying the hike will allow it to deliver the reviews much faster.
Silent Circle also shuttered its encrypted email service a few hours after Lavabit shut down citing an ongoing legal battle.
Users of the Google Maps app will soon start seeing more ways to interact with paid content within the app, the company recently announced.
Twitter has announced a new program to analyze some users' activity on the site to give marketers better information about how companies' tweets impact sales in physical stores.
There's a broad belief that bitcoin might just be the virtual currency that takes off in a big way. To do that, it will need to become a lot easier to use.
Instagram is doing everything in its power to point out the differences between its videos and Vines. Now you can import videos to the app from your Camera Roll, a feature Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom promised back in June.
Facebook is rolling out Graph Search, its newfangled social search engine, to everyone who uses the U.S. English language, the company announced Wednesday.
Instagram is adding several features to its mobile apps including the ability to import and post previously recorded videos.
The music industry's lawsuit against a popular YouTube channel this week could indicate that publishers are looking for savvier ways to attack piracy besides going after YouTube itself, a legal expert said.
More cloud vendors are adding backup to the choices they offer customers, letting enterprises that embrace the cloud for applications, computing and storage also go there for business continuity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW