A court in Pakistan has ordered a continuation of the block on YouTube in the country, after the government argued that a removal of the ban would have implications on law and order in the country.
The founder of an eavesdropping-resistant instant messaging application called Cryptocat has apologized over a now-fixed bug that made some types of messages more vulnerable to snooping.
The Internet held up in Egypt as the military deposed the country's president, with both the former president's aides and the opposition using Twitter and Facebook extensively to communicate with followers in Egypt and the rest of the world.
Vine, Twitter's mobile video service, has just gained several new features designed to make it easier to shoot with the app and to share videos more widely.
Yahoo has continued a major buying spree by acquiring Xobni, which offers products designed to help people keep better track of their contacts.
Twitter is working on some new approaches to offer more personalised ads to users, partly based on their online activity outside of the social network.
A simple piece of malicious software is circulating that steals Litecoins, a virtual currency based on the Bitcoin system.
Google is benefiting in terms of advertisement revenue from YouTube videos that depict and even promote dangerous or illegal activities, two state attorneys general in the U.S. have stated in a letter to the company.
In yet another mobile acquisition, Yahoo has acquired Qwiki, a New York City company that makes an app for turning photos and videos into short, edited movies.
Google's Reader is now officially dead, but the company wants to make users' transition to other content aggregators as painless as possible, partly by keeping their data available for the next couple weeks.
Microsoft is preparing to launch a new version of its Dynamics CRM (customer relationship management) software that will include improved mobile applications and integrations with Yammer, Skype and the company's MarketingPilot marketing automation so...
A U.S. regulatory filing for a Bitcoin investment trust by the Winklevoss twins said they will protect the virtual currency like gold bars -- in vaults.
Zynga CEO Mark Pincus pursued Microsoft's Xbox chief for several months and had no other candidates in mind for the top job at the social games company, a source at Zynga said Monday.
After several months of anticipation, the first phones based on the Firefox operating system are here. Telefónica will begin selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday in Spain as the first step of a global rollout that should see Firefox OS devices available i...
Mark Pincus is stepping down as CEO of Zynga and will be replaced by the head of Microsoft's Xbox business, Don Mattrick, Zynga announced on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW