Waze's crowdsourced traffic and navigation app is attractive to Google, which is said to be a serious suitor for the app, because of the wealth of mapping data it offers. But Waze's biggest draw may be social, some experts say.
Oracle still has some kinks to work out in its next-generation Fusion Applications and implementing them on-premises remains a daunting task, but customers on older product lines have good things to look forward to if and when they upgrade, according...
Google is close to a deal to acquire Waze, maker of the eponymous crowdsourced mapping app, for at least $1 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal and others.
Google has denied involvement in a U.S. government surveillance program called Prism since news broke Thursday that the National Security Agency has been accessing the servers of some of the largest Internet companies, but now company executives insi...
The U.S. government said late Thursday that it is authorized to collect intelligence information of non-U.S. persons located outside the country, in the wake of news reports on the government's surveillance programs.
Facebook is gearing up for a new project to simplify its advertising platform, making it easier for marketers to decide how to place ads across the site.
Facebook is phasing out its Credits virtual payment system and will be transitioning all games integrated into the social network to a new local payments API by Sept. 12, the company announced Wednesday.
Don't like the song playing on the stereo? Just wave it goodbye, literally.
Amazon.com has set up a website with its brand in India, but will not be selling on the site.
Plenty of eyes may be focused on Google Glass as the device attracts attention in the field of "augmented reality," but a crop of other players developing their own glasses-like products are also hoping to stand out as the industry matures.
A little more than four months after Twitter unveiled its video service, Vine, the company has launched a version for Android.
Twitter was back in working order on Monday afternoon after experiencing multiple technical issues earlier in the day that caused some users' tweet streams to not update, among other problems.
Social gaming publisher Zynga announced Monday that it will lay off 18% of its total workforce -- more than 500 employees -- in an effort to reduce staff costs and focus on the mobile sector.
Google Glass can, in theory, be used for lots of things, but sexually explicit material is one area now off limits to developers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)WA
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.NSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW