Judging from the number of people poring over their smartphones on the sidewalk, in their cars and in public places, mobile seems to have stolen our attention away from the wired Internet and traditional TV.
Google has reportedly launched an expansive effort to bring wireless networks and affordable computing to emerging markets such as sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia, moves that could bring the Internet to a further billion people.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has reportedly launched an investigation into Google's display ad business amid complaints from rivals that the company is abusing its power in how it sells online-graphical and video ads.
Yahoo has acquired PlayerScale, a startup developer of infrastructure software for cross-platform gaming, adding to its string of recent acquisitions.
Manuel Araoz, a 23-year-old developer in Argentina, has an idea for Bitcoin that doesn't focus on money.
Users in the U.K. and France will have to wait a bit longer to get their hands on the HTC First. The first smartphone to come preinstalled with Facebook Home has been delayed in those countries while Facebook updates the software to address some nega...
It's not a groundbreaking feature, but nice to have nonetheless: Twitter has added a bunch of genre charts to its #Music discovery service to display the most popular songs and artists trending, in a bid to surface the most popular tracks on the soci...
Lyft, the ridesharing service known for its fleet of pink mustache-festooned cars, is eyeing international expansion supported by its biggest funding round yet.
The latest victim of disruption by Internet technologies is a veteran of World War I: the missing persons search.
Penguin has settled with U.S. states in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit, leaving only Apple now in the fray.
A mechanical engineering student in Taiwan has found the messaging application called Line warns and stops users in China from sending certain politically sensitive keywords.
Twitter, in a much-needed move to keep its users safer from cyberattacks, is introducing a more secure login process.
Google is launching a new fund through which it will make later-stage investments in technology companies, a Google executive said Wednesday.
Salesforce.com is hoping to set the standard for how government bodies deliver online services to citizens using mobile devices.
Some teens are growing tired of the excessive sharing and "drama" on Facebook and more are turning to sites like Twitter and Instagram to express themselves, according to a new study.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW