Mt. Gox, the largest exchange for buying and selling bitcoins, is temporarily shutting down following an uptick in activity on the site sparked by a massive drop in the digital currency's price.
A feature in the Twitter API (application programming interface) can be abused by attackers to launch credible social engineering attacks that would give them a high chance of hijacking user accounts, a mobile application developer revealed Wednesday...
The European Commission confirmed on Thursday that it has formally received a package of concessions from Google aimed at ending a two-year antitrust investigation.
The online virtual currency Bitcoin has generated some serious buzz lately, with its value soaring past US$200 for the first time this week. Now a smaller player hopes to emerge as a rival by processing transactions faster and giving its users more p...
Facebook has launched a program that will target advertisements based on what users have actually purchased, but said that advertisers will not have direct access to information that identifies the user.
Bitcoin's roller-coaster price swings on Wednesday were caused by an influx of new buyers and software that couldn't keep up, according to the largest exchange, Mt. Gox.
Line, the popular messaging platform based in Japan, is challenging e-book vendors like Amazon and Rakuten with a new service to download and view manga, or Japanese comic books.
Walmart's video service Vudu has reset its customers' passwords after it found that hard drives were among items stolen from its office.
An IDC study has found sweeping changes in how mobile display advertisements are sold, with Facebook, Pandora and Twitter successfully wresting away control from advertising networks over the last year.
Apple's iMessage and Facetime messaging systems have been hit with a glitch that has taken the services offline for several hours.
Bitcoin may just be a "virtual" currency, but there's no denying its rising value. The currency, which last month was trading on the order of roughly $30, is now valued at over US$230.
Last week, Facebook released new software for Android phones called "Home." The software is a set of apps that you can download to put Facebook photos and messaging front and center on your mobile device.
Salesforce.com is giving customers and partners access to a new set of tools and services for building mobile applications on its cloud platform.
A French intelligence agency ordered a Wikipedia volunteer to delete a page about a military radio relay last month, alleging the page contained classified military information.
Facebook has posted a Q&A on its website about the privacy implications of its new Facebook Home software for Android phones, though it was unclear if it has addressed all the concerns raised.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations Specialist - Hobart/LauncestonTAS
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD