Following on the heels of an updated Windows 8 Music app from Microsoft, the software maker's BFF in the mobile space has released its own Windows 8 modern UI jukebox. Nokia Music is now available from the Windows Store as a free download, providing ...
Facebook has released new software for Android phones that gives quick access to Facebook services and aims to further boost use of the social network on mobile devices.
Facebook's Home mobile software for Android-equipped smartphones might only appeal to the most active Facebook users at first, but the company's plan to integrate third-party social services into it could broaden its appeal.
Facebook is not building its own smartphone. Instead, it today unveiled Home, a Facebook-focused home screen designed to give Android users quick access to their Facebook friends.
It's not quite the long-rumored Facebook Phone, but HTC's new First phone isn't far off.
Russian Web search firm Yandex launched a public DNS (Domain Name System) resolution service on Thursday that leverages the company's existing website scanning technology to block access to malicious and adult-rated sites.
Twitter's not-so-great app for Android is now smoother and sleeker, thanks to an upgrade available Wednesday on Google Play.
The largest bitcoin exchange said Thursday it is fighting an intense distributed denial-of-service attack it believes is intended at manipulating the price of virtual currency, which has seen volatile price swings in the past few days.
BlackBerry is to discontinue its BBM Music service on June 2, and is referring current customers to the Rdio music service for 30 days of free music.
Twitter's in-the-moment stream of quick comments and links might seem tailor-made for those with short attention spans, but the company is rolling out changes that will make tweets more interactive, including the ability to access mobile apps from in...
Salesforce.com continues to build out its Chatter social networking and collaboration software, with upcoming "social intelligence" capabilities that will allow users to find information through new Topics and Expertise categories.
A new report shows just how much smartphone users love Facebook, checking it as much as 14 times a day. In advance of Thursday's Facebook phone announcement, this could be good news for the social network.
Line, the messaging platform widely used in Japan, is breaking out of Asia and now has 10 million users in Spain, the company said Wednesday.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has cleared the use of social media such as Facebook and Twitter to announce corporate information.
A Facebook tool that allowed users to view and delete their search history on the site has vanished, and some people are keen to get it back.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA