Google's only big blunder in the creation of its otherwise excellent Google+ social network has been a flawed policy on what users are allowed to call themselves. Everybody hates the policy. Even Google hates it.
Scrambling to deter future violent rioting, the U.K. government is considering shutting down social networks such as Twitter and Facebook during civil disturbances, but the heavy-handed proposal is already drawing criticism.
LinkedIn will make changes to a "social advertising" feature that sparked criticism for using members' names and photographs in advertisements on its website.
Since Google Docs officially went out of beta on July 7, 2009, the Web-based office application suite has steadily gone through a series of changes and tweaks.
The cloud, it seems, might be a little bit like Palmolive’s tagline from its old TV commercials--people just don't know they’re soaking in it.
The hacking group Anonymous is allegedly threatening to "destroy" Facebook on Nov. 5, accusing the social networking site of spying on users, cooperating with authoritarian governments and abusing people's privacy.
China's largest search engine Baidu has pulled back from the country's Twitter-like services market after the company said it would shutdown its own microblogging website.
In anticipation of the fall release of iCloud, Apple this week set icloud.com live for developers. iCloud represents a revamped version of Apple's existing Mail, Contacts, and Calendar, and integrates the document sharing features of iWork.com.
Twitter can be a powerful business tool, not to mention a valuable source of metrics data and feedback. If not managed properly, though, Twitter tweets can quickly become overwhelming -- sifting out the nonsense to get to the nuggets of useful inform...
The photograph shows a hooded young man looking toward the sky just after he apparently threw something. Close by, a Citroen compact car is completely engulfed in flames.
That's it. The old Twitter design officially is gone and the New Twitter look and feel is all that's left.
Twitter has acquired Bagcheck, an online service where people create lists of items that interest them, such as cameras they've used or their favorite cold remedies, and share the lists with others.
India's communications ministry has been asked by the home ministry to monitor social networking websites such as Twitter and Facebook amid fears that the services are being used by terrorists to plan attacks.
Facebook is tinkering with our news feeds in order to give marketers and developers more visibility. According to the Wall Street Journal, the changes may allow the social networking site to gather even more information on its users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC