Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Yahoo is releasing a mobile messaging app that combines texting with live one-on-one video.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. For Twitter, that could mean a new approach to the way it displays tweets.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
Facebook is inviting additional mobile operators to take part in Internet.org, its project to bring Internet access to poorly connected parts of the world.
Google is severing the ties between its social network and other of its services, so that users will not need to log in to other sites like YouTube using a Google+ account.
An appeals court has ruled that shareholders cannot sue Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg in a case that accused the company of withholding key financial information from the public until after its IPO.
LinkedIn users now have to wait up to three days if they want a list of their contacts on the service.
As Google prepares to launch a subscription version of YouTube, the move has been endorsed by at least one interested party: YouTube cofounder Chad Hurley.
Japanese mobile chat firm Line has launched a stripped-down version of its popular chat app to increase its user base in developing countries, where lower-end smartphones are commonly used and network infrastructure is not as advanced.
Apple's licensing terms for competing music streaming services may be raising prices for consumers, a potential unfair competition issue that should be investigated, a U.S. senator alleged Wednesday.
The mayor of New York City has reached an agreement with Uber, dropping plans for a strict cap on its growth that would have limited the number of cars available in the city.
Last year, Twitter sought to broaden the reach of its software by giving outside developers new tools at its first Flight conference. This year the company will try again, as the pressure on it to grow its user base has only increased.
A New York judge ruled Tuesday that Facebook has no legal standing to challenge the constitutionality of search warrants served on its users, highlighting the limits to online companies' abilities to protect user privacy.
Yahoo has reported an uncharacteristic rise in revenue for the second quarter, but it came with a hefty sum spent on boosting its search traffic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW