Google runs its services from some of the biggest, most sophisticated data centers on the planet, but it wasn't always that way. Some of its top engineers have been reminiscing this week about the early days, when Google operated from a tiny server r...
Twitter has reported its first earnings as a public company, revealing that sales more than doubled from a year ago, though it still hasn't managed to turn a profit.
Ross Ulbricht, alleged creator of the online black market Silk Road, was indicted in New York Tuesday on narcotics, money laundering and so-called "kingpin" charges, and faces up to life in prison.
Sencha has introduced Space, aiming to make it easier for IT departments to manage HTML5 apps running on Android, iOS or BlackBerry devices.
App developers can now push their software onto a TV screen using a software development kit that Google is introducing for its Chromecast media streaming device.
Google, Facebook and Microsoft were among the technology companies to release new figures Monday showing a rising number of requests for their users' data coming from a secretive U.S. surveillance court.
Facebook will celebrate its 10th birthday on Tuesday, an occasion likely to spur an outpouring of reflection on its past and speculation about its future.
Volkswagen of America is looking to capitalize on an expected broad use of social media by viewers of Sunday's Super Bowl.
Twitter has acquired over 900 patents from IBM, a move likely intended to settle IBM's claims that Twitter was infringing on at least three of its patents.
Telenav has acquired German company Skobbler in an effort to improve its navigation offerings using the crowd-sourced and open-sourced OpenStreetMap (OSM) project.
Yahoo has entered into an agreement to acquire Incredible Labs, the startup behind mobile personal assistant app Donna.
A team of researchers has developed an Android app to help people better understand when their location is being accessed, something that happens more often than people think.
Google reported a healthy 17 percent increase in revenue for the fourth quarter, even as sales by its Motorola mobile unit, which the company is selling to Lenovo, dropped again from the same period last year.
Facebook has introduced Paper, a mobile app that mixes content from a user's own feed with articles from "well-known publications" and displays it all with a new interface.
Intel is closing down its AppUp online application store as it sees a shift in the market and consumer needs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW