New figures released by Twitter on Wednesday suggest the company may be struggling to keep its users engaged, but CEO Dick Costolo has outlined some ideas to make the service more inviting.
Google runs its services from some of the biggest, most sophisticated data centers on the planet, but it wasn't always that way. Some of its top engineers have been reminiscing this week about the early days, when Google operated from a tiny server r...
Twitter has reported its first earnings as a public company, revealing that sales more than doubled from a year ago, though it still hasn't managed to turn a profit.
Ross Ulbricht, alleged creator of the online black market Silk Road, was indicted in New York Tuesday on narcotics, money laundering and so-called "kingpin" charges, and faces up to life in prison.
Sencha has introduced Space, aiming to make it easier for IT departments to manage HTML5 apps running on Android, iOS or BlackBerry devices.
App developers can now push their software onto a TV screen using a software development kit that Google is introducing for its Chromecast media streaming device.
Google, Facebook and Microsoft were among the technology companies to release new figures Monday showing a rising number of requests for their users' data coming from a secretive U.S. surveillance court.
Facebook will celebrate its 10th birthday on Tuesday, an occasion likely to spur an outpouring of reflection on its past and speculation about its future.
Volkswagen of America is looking to capitalize on an expected broad use of social media by viewers of Sunday's Super Bowl.
Twitter has acquired over 900 patents from IBM, a move likely intended to settle IBM's claims that Twitter was infringing on at least three of its patents.
Telenav has acquired German company Skobbler in an effort to improve its navigation offerings using the crowd-sourced and open-sourced OpenStreetMap (OSM) project.
Yahoo has entered into an agreement to acquire Incredible Labs, the startup behind mobile personal assistant app Donna.
A team of researchers has developed an Android app to help people better understand when their location is being accessed, something that happens more often than people think.
Google reported a healthy 17 percent increase in revenue for the fourth quarter, even as sales by its Motorola mobile unit, which the company is selling to Lenovo, dropped again from the same period last year.
Facebook has introduced Paper, a mobile app that mixes content from a user's own feed with articles from "well-known publications" and displays it all with a new interface.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW