Apple has acquired Topsy, a social media analytics company that analyzes a range of data from Twitter, according to a recent Wall Street Journal report.
Facebook is retooling its ranking system to make some news articles appear more prominently at the expense of other content such as certain photos, the company announced Monday.
Yahoo has acquired SkyPhrase, a natural language processing startup, in a move that could improve Yahoo's ability to make sense of user queries and commands across any number of Yahoo products.
With the look of Google Plus and Facebook-like elements, a new social network named "Syme" feels as cozy as a well-worn shoe.
China's recent crackdown on online rumors may have quieted the nation's social networking websites, but local authorities take that as a sign of progress and want to regulate the Internet even more.
The price of a single bitcoin reached US$1,000 Wednesday, possibly demonstrating a new level of interest -- some might say mania -- for the digital currency that earlier this year was trading for a measly $30.
A research paper speculating Bitcoin's creator may have transferred US$60,000 to the Silk Road marketplace has been dispelled, as the account holder in question came forward on Tuesday, denying he is the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto.
Symantec plans to close down its Backup Exec.cloud service, saying it lacks mobile and content-sharing features and wouldn't be the right platform for delivering them.
Laptop and desktop users can now do a Google search without typing just by speaking aloud, with a Chrome extension that Google made available on Tuesday.
Google is taking its cameras indoors in an effort to map international transit hubs, starting with 16 airports and more than 50 train and subway stations.
Call it a work in progress. YouTube is now trying to stanch the increased flow of spam on its site, just weeks after a new system was employed to clean it up, the company recently said.
Online music service providers are a step closer to finding it easier to operate legally in the European Union thanks to a vote by politicians on Tuesday.
Yahoo has been hiring hotshot journalists to boost its news cred, and Monday's addition of Katie Couric could help with the company's efforts to reinvigorate itself. But it has to get the content just right.
Salesforce.com has come under fire from critics who say the "hackathon" it held at last week's Dreamforce conference was judged unfairly, and CEO Marc Benioff is now promising a thorough investigation.
Two computer scientists in Israel say a bitcoin transaction now worth more than US$1 million suggests a possible link between a creator of the virtual currency and Ross William Ulbricht, the 29-year-old accused of running the Silk Road underground on...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC