Google is lending its vast infrastructure to websites that may be targeted by distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks because of their content.
If there's any U.S. city whose citizens are likely to use technology to alleviate a transit strike, San Francisco is it. On Monday, ride-sharing and car-hailing services, many fueled by smartphone apps, reported increased use after a strike halted Am...
Google wants to turn business owners into cartographers with a new mapping tool designed to visualize their companies' data.
Yahoo, in its crusade to reinvent itself, is adding another item to the agenda: revamping its small-business Web hosting unit.
Amid news reports of groups paying users to write Wikipedia entries, the online encyclopedia has blocked or banned more than 250 accounts, the site announced Monday.
Many Facebook users got an unpleasant surprise on Monday as they logged into their accounts only to find that some of the services were not working properly.
When Yahoo Mail turned 16 earlier this month, the company celebrated by giving it a new, Gmail-like interface. It might now wish that it hadn't -- thousands of users have taken to the Web to complain about things they don't like.
Google's quarterly sales increased again, although the company reported mixed results within its advertising business and a decrease in its Motorola mobile sales.
What a lucrative profession coding can be -- the best paid software engineers have an average base salary of nearly US$160,000, and they work at Juniper Networks, according to a recent survey.
YouTube's presence on mobile devices has exploded in the past couple of years, Google said on Thursday.
Twitter's direct messaging feature appears to be experiencing technical difficulties by not allowing certain messages to be sent if they contain links.
BitTorrent search engine isoHunt.com will shut down operations next week in a settlement with U.S. movie studios that have long accused the website of copyright infringement, the studios said Thursday.
Facebook was already implementing stronger security controls when the U.S. National Security Agency's expansive surveillance program was revealed in June, its chief security officer said Thursday.
Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
When Divya Dhar became a doctor four years ago, she received a somewhat archaic handout from her hospital: a pager.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW