In an attempt to block email spoofing attacks on yahoo.com addresses, Yahoo began imposing a stricter email validation policy that unfortunately breaks the usual workflow on legitimate mailing lists.
2013 was the year we learned we must encrypt our data if we don't want the likes of the U.S. National Security Agency or the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters reading it as it crosses the Internet.
A newly created working group within the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) has set out to develop best practices for deploying SSL encryption for Internet communications.
After recent revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's widespread surveillance of Internet communications, the coordination of the Internet's technical infrastructure should move away from U.S. government oversight, said 10 groups involve...
Google's chances of obtaining the "http://search" domain name are shrinking after several committees affiliated with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) recently warned that dotless domain names could be harmful to the Int...
A Web security policy mechanism that promises to make HTTPS-enabled websites more resilient to various types of attacks has been approved and released as an Internet standard -- but despite support from some high-profile websites, adoption elsewhere ...
After a lawsuit spurred a cadre of volunteers to cede management duties of Internet Time Zone Database, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has assumed control of the master list, which is used to coordinate time across di...
The Internet Engineering Task Force is considering establishing a working group to smooth some of the impending issues around setting up and maintaining IPv6-based Internet connections into homes.
The Internet Engineering Task Force is slamming a decision by the International Telecommunication Union to pursue its own standard for troubleshooting and fault detection in service-provider networks.
An Internet standards group has approved an electronic crimes reporting format, which may eventually give security researchers a cohesive, broad set of data to gauge online crime.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD