The U.S. Congress should pass net neutrality legislation that overturns proposed rules at the Federal Communications Commission so that the protections survive over the long term, some opponents of the FCC approach said.
A controversial U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people needs to move into the 21st century by expanding into broadband, a broadband advocacy group said.
After a spate of news stories about alleged "astroturf" advocacy in a contentious U.S. net neutrality debate, the IDG News Service looked into the funding transparency of several think tanks and advocacy groups involved in the issue. Several disclose...
"Vivid" telepresence - holograms, immersive gaming, new collaboration services and even 3D pornography - could be the next big thing as gigabit-per-second broadband service spreads across the US.
U.S. residents can save nearly US$8,400 a year in entertainment, clothing, food and other expenses by subscribing to broadband, according to a study released Friday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
Expanding mobile broadband services in the U.S. in the coming years would produce thousands of new jobs and help reverse today's downward employment trend, a group of economic development and business officials said Wednesday.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW