The U.S. Congress should pass net neutrality legislation that overturns proposed rules at the Federal Communications Commission so that the protections survive over the long term, some opponents of the FCC approach said.
A controversial U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people needs to move into the 21st century by expanding into broadband, a broadband advocacy group said.
After a spate of news stories about alleged "astroturf" advocacy in a contentious U.S. net neutrality debate, the IDG News Service looked into the funding transparency of several think tanks and advocacy groups involved in the issue. Several disclose...
"Vivid" telepresence - holograms, immersive gaming, new collaboration services and even 3D pornography - could be the next big thing as gigabit-per-second broadband service spreads across the US.
U.S. residents can save nearly US$8,400 a year in entertainment, clothing, food and other expenses by subscribing to broadband, according to a study released Friday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
Expanding mobile broadband services in the U.S. in the coming years would produce thousands of new jobs and help reverse today's downward employment trend, a group of economic development and business officials said Wednesday.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW