The U.S. Congress should pass net neutrality legislation that overturns proposed rules at the Federal Communications Commission so that the protections survive over the long term, some opponents of the FCC approach said.
A controversial U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people needs to move into the 21st century by expanding into broadband, a broadband advocacy group said.
After a spate of news stories about alleged "astroturf" advocacy in a contentious U.S. net neutrality debate, the IDG News Service looked into the funding transparency of several think tanks and advocacy groups involved in the issue. Several disclose...
"Vivid" telepresence - holograms, immersive gaming, new collaboration services and even 3D pornography - could be the next big thing as gigabit-per-second broadband service spreads across the US.
U.S. residents can save nearly US$8,400 a year in entertainment, clothing, food and other expenses by subscribing to broadband, according to a study released Friday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
Expanding mobile broadband services in the U.S. in the coming years would produce thousands of new jobs and help reverse today's downward employment trend, a group of economic development and business officials said Wednesday.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC