Facebook has been in the media spotlight this year over privacy concerns, thanks in part cases such as the horrific murder of Sydney teenager Nona Belomesoff.
Facebook, according to its CEO, is built around the simple idea that people want to share things with "their friends and the people around them."
Facebook claims to have more than 400 million active users. In fact, according to Web analytics firm Alexa, only Google is a more popular site. So, with all that going for it, why are so many users unhappy, with one poll showing that more than half...
Facebook deserves plenty of blame for messing too much with its privacy settings, but no amount of fixing will stop people from embarrassing themselves on the Internet.
Want an expert lesson in how to respond without actually responding and how to apologize without saying you're sorry? Then you need to read Facebook CEO Mark Zukerberg's quasi-mea culpa in today's Washington Post. Do it now; I'll wait.
New Yorker Barry Hoggard draws a line in the sand when it comes to online privacy. In May he said farewell to 1251 Facebook friends by deleting his account of four years to protest what he calls the social network's eroding privacy policies.
Facebook's privacy problems reportedly have the social network rethinking its approach, and a new poll suggests that the threat of user decline is real, but don't expect a mass exodus any time soon.
Just how much personal information are you releasing when you use Facebook? Facebook may be giving third-party advertisers your personal information without you realising.
As complaints about Facebook continue to pile up to epic proportions, its competitors are receiving glittering press, financial support, and spikes in site traffic. Is this a signal that the Great Facebook Exodus has begun, and can the trend maintai...
Facebook appears to be working diligently at establishing itself as the site that people love to hate. Don't get me wrong, passionate views are a mark of success--just look at Microsoft, Apple, and Google. Still, the trick is to foster that passion (...
A few days ago, 10 privacy commissioners from Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Israel, Ireland, The Netherlands and New Zealand wrote an open letter to Google's CEO Eric Schmidt asking for more proactive privacy protections ...
Lost in the flurry of products announcements at last week's Consumer Electronics Show was Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's suggestion on Friday that some aspects of privacy are a thing of the past. The Facebook founder's comments were part of an inter...
I am a genius. I'm charismatic, kind, and understanding. I'm also a Disney princess named Aurora and the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe.
Bruce Schneier, author and computer security expert, wrote a good reality-check essay on the subject of online privacy, or the lack thereof.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA