The Wall Street Journal just published the sixth article in its excellent series about Internet privacy, or the lack of it.
Greens communications spokesperson Senator Scott Ludlam has described as "extraordinary" a decision by the Federal Attorney-General's Department to black out the majority of its response to a freedom of information request filed by the Sydney Morning...
Privacy remains a concern for a significant portion of people who use social-networking sites, if the findings from two recent surveys are any indication.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Karen Curtis today said her investigation into Google's inadvertent collection of Wi-Fi payload data through its Street View vehicles showed any collection of personal data by the search giant "would have" breached the...
Facebook, whose members upload more than 100 million photos every day, is testing a feature designed to streamline and increase the tagging of people in pictures.
A browser extension for Firefox has been combined with a set of privacy applications that give users more control over how their personal information is shared online.
For many of people, Facebook is the first stop in any Web surfing session. It has developed into a highly engaging combination of online bulletin board, personal scrapbook, and group communication network. But did you ever wonder why, being all thos...
While governments and other organizations are stepping up efforts at providing more information for public consumption, they should also provide tools to allow people to interpret this data, argued a Microsoft social media researcher.
Facebook's decision to offer end-users simpler options to configure privacy controls on the social-networking site has received an initial thumbs-up from industry experts and privacy watchdogs.
Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg's vision for a less private Internet is slowly coming to fruition, a survey by the Pew Internet & American Life Project suggests.
MySpace is using Facebook's privacy fiasco for a little free publicity, announcing a one-click privacy feature that seems more like an attention grab than an actual play for Facebook users.
Facebook is fixing a Web programming bug that could have allowed hackers to alter profile pages or make restricted information public.
The villagers have pitchforks and torches in hand and everyone seems to be converging on Facebook--the scourge of all things private and personal. I am here to disband the angry mob by asking the question "how did Facebook get your data in the first ...
Facebook took the wraps off Thursday on two new security features aimed at protecting users from phishers and other online scammers.
Right out of the gates, Facebook is staying mum about what went on during its all-hands-on-deck company privacy meeting late on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT