Facebook has just unveiled a new set of user controls, but it isn't likely to do much in the way of calming anger about the social network's privacy policies.
The Electronic Privacy Information Center and 14 other consumer protection groups lodged a formal complaint against Facebook with the Federal Trade Commission on Wednesday. The groups take issue with Facebook's privacy policies and accuse the site of...
Facebook will work with U.S. lawmakers to address concerns about privacy following the social-networking site's announcement a week ago that it was sharing users' personal information with other sites, company officials said Wednesday.
Two more U.S. Senators have taken issue with Facebook's "opt-out" approach to recent privacy changes, asking the social networking site to change its ways.
A coalition of tech vendors and privacy groups is calling on the U.S. Congress to update a 24-year-old law to better protect users of e-mail, cloud computing services and mobile phones from government surveillance.
Facebook users are expressing strong disapproval of proposed privacy changes that will let the site share some user information with third-party Web sites and applications.
Facebook is proposing tweaks to its site governance documents so that they will be consistent with new services the social networking company plans to roll out.
Forget cookies -- even the ultrasneaky, Flash-based "super cookies." A new type of tracking may identify you far more accurately than any cookie -- and you may never know it was there.
Telstra has urged Australian Internet users to be wary about the information they post online as part of Safer Internet Day.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has created an on-line tool that details the wealth of information a Web browser reveals, which can pose privacy concerns when used to profile users.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's contention last week that privacy is becoming less important to online users caused a stir across the Internet and among privacy advocates.
Many major social networking sites are leaking information that allows third party advertising and tracking companies to associate the Web browsing habits of users with a specific person, researchers warn.
Digital liberties group the Electronic Frontier Foundation is urging its supporters to pressure Google to build significant privacy protections into its Book Search service, with the EFF suggesting the service gives Google access to new personal info...
You should be aware that you're sharing your lists with more than just your Facebook friends.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia