About 150,000 of Google's Gmail users woke up Sunday morning to missing e-mails, contacts and chat histories.
Microsoft has sued a former director of business development in state court, accusing him of stealing nearly $460,000 from the company and trying to make off with another $1.5 million before his scheme was uncovered.
Eric Schmidt may have been pushed aside as Google's CEO, but he's getting a nice gift as he packs up his top office.
Google suffered from some downtime Monday afternoon.
Two weeks after it debuted a sandbox to isolate Adobe's Flash Player plug-in, Google today pushed the security enhancement to the more reliable beta channel of its Chrome browser.
Wonder what people were talking about this past year?
Google this week reiterated its interest in being able to give users search results before they even know they want them.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Yahoo is denying reports that the company is in the midst of a 20 per cent reduction of its workforce.
Everyone at Google is getting a nice raise. Well, almost everyone.
Long the also-ran in the search market, Ask.com announced on Tuesday that it is getting out of the search business.
Google CEO Eric Schmidt is getting a lot of attention lately, not so much for the company's ubiquitous search engine or any of the company's other products. It's more for what Schmidt has been saying about privacy.
Google patched 11 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday as it updated the browser to version 7.
The first century is meeting 21st century technology.
Microsoft advanced its partnership with Facebook this week, a move that could be the biggest threat to Google's search standing yet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCSystem EngineerNSW