About 150,000 of Google's Gmail users woke up Sunday morning to missing e-mails, contacts and chat histories.
Microsoft has sued a former director of business development in state court, accusing him of stealing nearly $460,000 from the company and trying to make off with another $1.5 million before his scheme was uncovered.
Eric Schmidt may have been pushed aside as Google's CEO, but he's getting a nice gift as he packs up his top office.
Google suffered from some downtime Monday afternoon.
Two weeks after it debuted a sandbox to isolate Adobe's Flash Player plug-in, Google today pushed the security enhancement to the more reliable beta channel of its Chrome browser.
Wonder what people were talking about this past year?
Google this week reiterated its interest in being able to give users search results before they even know they want them.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Yahoo is denying reports that the company is in the midst of a 20 per cent reduction of its workforce.
Everyone at Google is getting a nice raise. Well, almost everyone.
Long the also-ran in the search market, Ask.com announced on Tuesday that it is getting out of the search business.
Google CEO Eric Schmidt is getting a lot of attention lately, not so much for the company's ubiquitous search engine or any of the company's other products. It's more for what Schmidt has been saying about privacy.
Google patched 11 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday as it updated the browser to version 7.
The first century is meeting 21st century technology.
Microsoft advanced its partnership with Facebook this week, a move that could be the biggest threat to Google's search standing yet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- FTLead/ Senior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC