About 150,000 of Google's Gmail users woke up Sunday morning to missing e-mails, contacts and chat histories.
Microsoft has sued a former director of business development in state court, accusing him of stealing nearly $460,000 from the company and trying to make off with another $1.5 million before his scheme was uncovered.
Eric Schmidt may have been pushed aside as Google's CEO, but he's getting a nice gift as he packs up his top office.
Google suffered from some downtime Monday afternoon.
Two weeks after it debuted a sandbox to isolate Adobe's Flash Player plug-in, Google today pushed the security enhancement to the more reliable beta channel of its Chrome browser.
Wonder what people were talking about this past year?
Google this week reiterated its interest in being able to give users search results before they even know they want them.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Yahoo is denying reports that the company is in the midst of a 20 per cent reduction of its workforce.
Everyone at Google is getting a nice raise. Well, almost everyone.
Long the also-ran in the search market, Ask.com announced on Tuesday that it is getting out of the search business.
Google CEO Eric Schmidt is getting a lot of attention lately, not so much for the company's ubiquitous search engine or any of the company's other products. It's more for what Schmidt has been saying about privacy.
Google patched 11 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday as it updated the browser to version 7.
The first century is meeting 21st century technology.
Microsoft advanced its partnership with Facebook this week, a move that could be the biggest threat to Google's search standing yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW