Microsoft and Facebook announced Wednesday that they're teaming up to make search more social.
Google had a good month in September, with its search share gaining and rivals Yahoo and Microsoft Bing taking a hit.
Google is reportedly set to announce later today that it has developed a JPEG alternative that should speed up the Web.
Facebook is giving Google a run for its money.
Google today announced a new feature that will allow users to get search results as they type their queries.
With Microsoft and Yahoo officially teaming up in the search market this week, it's time to wait and see if this move could eat into Google's hearty lead over its top opponents.
Google announced Wednesday it is offering the ability to make phone calls over the Internet via its popular Gmail service.
Cameron Diaz is the most dangerous celebrity on the Web, antivirus company McAfee said Thursday.
While Facebook is expected to announce this week that it's grabbed its 500 millionth user, a new study shows that not everyone is so happy with the social networking site.
After struggling for a few months, Microsoft's Bing search engine showed growth in the U.S. in June.
The Beijing government's decision to renew Google's license to do business in China could be a big step in a long process of negotiations between Google and China to find a way to coexist.
Google executives may have to wait a while to find out whether Chinese officials will renew the company's license to do business in the country.
Europe's top antitrust official said Wednesday that his office is continuing to investigate antitrust concerns about Google Inc.
Just one day after Google made a major effort to work with the Chinese government, the search firm reported that its service is being partially blocked in China.
Google may not be throwing in the towel in its battle with the Chinese government, but it certainly took a step back this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro review: This feature-packed 15-inch laptop makes a few compromises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTSystem testersACT