Microsoft and Facebook announced Wednesday that they're teaming up to make search more social.
Google had a good month in September, with its search share gaining and rivals Yahoo and Microsoft Bing taking a hit.
Google is reportedly set to announce later today that it has developed a JPEG alternative that should speed up the Web.
Facebook is giving Google a run for its money.
Google today announced a new feature that will allow users to get search results as they type their queries.
With Microsoft and Yahoo officially teaming up in the search market this week, it's time to wait and see if this move could eat into Google's hearty lead over its top opponents.
Google announced Wednesday it is offering the ability to make phone calls over the Internet via its popular Gmail service.
Cameron Diaz is the most dangerous celebrity on the Web, antivirus company McAfee said Thursday.
While Facebook is expected to announce this week that it's grabbed its 500 millionth user, a new study shows that not everyone is so happy with the social networking site.
After struggling for a few months, Microsoft's Bing search engine showed growth in the U.S. in June.
The Beijing government's decision to renew Google's license to do business in China could be a big step in a long process of negotiations between Google and China to find a way to coexist.
Google executives may have to wait a while to find out whether Chinese officials will renew the company's license to do business in the country.
Europe's top antitrust official said Wednesday that his office is continuing to investigate antitrust concerns about Google Inc.
Just one day after Google made a major effort to work with the Chinese government, the search firm reported that its service is being partially blocked in China.
Google may not be throwing in the towel in its battle with the Chinese government, but it certainly took a step back this week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCFinancial AnalystACT