Several high-profile websites -- including Kickstarter, Etsy, Reddit, Mozilla and Meetup -- will display spinning-wheel icons next Wednesday in an attempt to show visitors the Internet slow lanes they say will appear if the U.S. Federal Communication...
A U.S. lawmaker wants to rebrand the term net neutrality because its definition is confusing to many people.
Google is joining forces with five Asian telecommunications firms to build and operate an underwater cable system from the US to Japan to support rising bandwidth usage and better link its data centers in other parts of the world.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman's view of net neutrality rules and President Barack Obama's are not as different as some reports this week have suggested, the chairman said Friday.
A California court has allowed a privacy class action suit against Google to continue, though only in part.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to permanently extend a ban on Internet access taxes that Congress has temporarily extended three times over the past 16 years.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
Apple debuted an account recharging service called iTunes Pass at its stores in Japan on Tuesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
A proposed US$324.5 million settlement of claims that Silicon Valley companies including Google and Apple suppressed worker wages by agreeing not to hire each others' employees may not be high enough, a judge signaled on Thursday.
Facebook's website went down temporarily on Thursday, showing an error screen when users attempted to log on to the social network.
Complaints by Netflix and Internet backbone providers about network traffic congestion point to a real problem, with congestion on some networks lasting 18 hours a day, but the problems are sporadic and often temporary, according to preliminary resul...
A group of U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would prohibit broadband providers from charging Web content generators for priority traffic management.
Online travel site Priceline is adding restaurant bookings to its menu of offerings with the US$2.6 billion all-cash acquisition of OpenTable. The deal has been approved by the boards of both companies and is expected to close in the third quarter.
Google stands to gather massive amounts of geographic data for information as wildly diverse as the health of farm fields and congestion of parking lots, by purchasing the super-smart satellite imaging and analytics company Skybox Imaging.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW