Several high-profile websites -- including Kickstarter, Etsy, Reddit, Mozilla and Meetup -- will display spinning-wheel icons next Wednesday in an attempt to show visitors the Internet slow lanes they say will appear if the U.S. Federal Communication...
A U.S. lawmaker wants to rebrand the term net neutrality because its definition is confusing to many people.
Google is joining forces with five Asian telecommunications firms to build and operate an underwater cable system from the US to Japan to support rising bandwidth usage and better link its data centers in other parts of the world.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman's view of net neutrality rules and President Barack Obama's are not as different as some reports this week have suggested, the chairman said Friday.
A California court has allowed a privacy class action suit against Google to continue, though only in part.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to permanently extend a ban on Internet access taxes that Congress has temporarily extended three times over the past 16 years.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
Apple debuted an account recharging service called iTunes Pass at its stores in Japan on Tuesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
A proposed US$324.5 million settlement of claims that Silicon Valley companies including Google and Apple suppressed worker wages by agreeing not to hire each others' employees may not be high enough, a judge signaled on Thursday.
Facebook's website went down temporarily on Thursday, showing an error screen when users attempted to log on to the social network.
Complaints by Netflix and Internet backbone providers about network traffic congestion point to a real problem, with congestion on some networks lasting 18 hours a day, but the problems are sporadic and often temporary, according to preliminary resul...
A group of U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would prohibit broadband providers from charging Web content generators for priority traffic management.
Online travel site Priceline is adding restaurant bookings to its menu of offerings with the US$2.6 billion all-cash acquisition of OpenTable. The deal has been approved by the boards of both companies and is expected to close in the third quarter.
Google stands to gather massive amounts of geographic data for information as wildly diverse as the health of farm fields and congestion of parking lots, by purchasing the super-smart satellite imaging and analytics company Skybox Imaging.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT