The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is looking for ideas on how to improve the controversial notice-and-take-down provisions of the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act, amid complaints that the current process is cumbersome for small musicians and...
Users of Yahoo services will down the line have to use a Yahoo username to sign on to its services, as the company plans to phase out signing up to these services using Facebook and Google credentials.
Google has chosen 34 cities across the U.S. as the next sites for possible expansion of its gigabit-speed Fiber Internet service.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will not seek further judicial review of a January court ruling that struck down the agency's net neutrality regulations, but it does plan to issue a new set of rules covering ISPs.
Comcast's proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable is partly a grab for negotiating power in the fast-changing video content business, but it might affect broadband users, too.
Antitrust enforcement agencies should reject a proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast, because it would give the combined company huge market power in the broadband and cable TV industries, a handful of consumer and digi...
Comcast is expected to announce Thursday that it will acquire Time Warner Cable in an all-stock deal, according to reports.
Google's proposed acquisition of Nest Labs has been cleared by U.S. antitrust regulators, possibly paving the way for an early closure of the transaction.
There will soon be nowhere to hide from Facebook selfies, Justin Bieber news and emails from your boss.
U.S. President Barack Obama has nominated an expert cryptologist to head the National Security Agency at a time when the agency is under pressure to reform its surveillance.
By 2017, the typical mobile user will share their personalized data stream with 100 applications and services every day, with wearable devices and Internet-connected appliances fueling the use trend, according to Gartner.
Yahoo's Chief Operating Officer Henrique de Castro is leaving the company a little over a year after he was hired, according to a filing by the company.
Spain's data protection authority has fined Google €900,000 (US$1.2 million) and ordered the company to fall in line with the country's data protection rules without delay.
Google has kicked off a project to build high-speed fiber-optic networks in parts of the world that lack fast broadband connections, starting with the Ugandan capital, Kampala.
Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook and LinkedIn are objecting to the U.S. government's decision to provide them only a redacted version of its response to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to a request by the companies that they be allowed ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA