It's always a challenge for IT departments to anticipate how corporate technical demands will evolve, especially when IT budgets have been as tight as a drum for two years.
If YouTube started as a place for people to upload low-res videos, Google's global 2010 'most popular' video list shows just how fast the model is evolving into something nakedly commercial.
It's been All WikiLeaks, All the Time here in Cringeville lately. And why not? As I noted last time out, this is the biggest thing to hit the WebberNets since Tim Berners Lee dreamed it up 20 years ago. We're still unraveling the implications and pro...
It's not an exaggeration to say that the recent Wikileaks scandal has shaken the Internet to its core. Regardless of where you stand on the debate, various services have simply refused to handle Wikileaks' business -- everything from domain-name prov...
Market research firm IDC makes a number of tech-related predictions near the end of every calendar year, but its prognostications for 2011 may well be among the company's most dramatic yet.
Facebook is getting serious about on-the-go social networking with a suite of new features announced during the Facebook Mobile event on Wednesday.
Buying a used car used to mean trekking all the way to a dealership and talking to a car salesperson; possibly one with a disturbing moustache.
Is Facebook building a phone? The company won't say for sure, but for some the idea of a Facebook phone is social networking overkill. To social butterflies, a Facebook phone is a dream come true. Here is a look at the pros and cons.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
Using Twitter is like being trapped in an elevator with someone who has a severe case of attention deficit disorder and just consumed three pots of truck-stop coffee.
The code was released to the public for a new social network designed to deliver the benefits of Facebook without the privacy concerns. The project--called Diaspora--also has potential as a tool for businesses to create their own social networks, but...
Have you checked your work e-mailtoday? If you're like most employees in the United States and United Kingdom, the answer is yes despite the fact that it is not only the weekend, but an extended holiday weekend for most workers in the US. A day off i...
Despite all the hardware Apple introduced at its press event Wednesday, the most radical news was Ping, a social network for music that's launching as a feature of iTunes 10. I've taken a brief test drive of Ping to see what it's about, but even befo...
Some people just don't like change. Less than a week after Digg released version 4 of its social news-sharing site, fans have rebelled, flooding Digg with links from a rival sharing site, staging a "Quit Digg Day," and prophesying a major drop-off in...
Searching for status updates is not Twitter's forte, so leave it to Google to make its own Realtime Search engine more powerful instead.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC