The long fight over LTE networks sharing frequencies with Wi-Fi may be just the first of many battles as device makers and service providers try to make the most of the limited available spectrum.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, the long-time coordinator of the internet's Domain Name System, is now independent of U.S. government oversight, at least for now.
Technology platform and rollout debate will not solve traffic congestion or improve the user experience.
Obama administration unveils new initiatives to promote global startups as Obama calls for broadband expansion and freedom of expression on the web.
Many people continue to call for Labor to order a Royal Commission into the NBN should they return to power. It’s not surprising why… the $36bn FttH national rollout has turned into a $60bn failed upgrade to the existing copper network with many que...
More than ensuring that news articles load instantly, Google's new Accelerated Mobile Pages format is a peace offering to online publishers as they battle ad-blockers and the temptation to lock away their content in platforms like Facebook.
The U.S. has warned of fragmentation of the Internet if China goes ahead with proposed rules that would require compulsory registration of Internet domain names in China with government-licensed providers.
Supporting throughput of up to 2.5 gigabits per second, the new MoCA 2.5 spec promises a speedy future for networks based on cable-TV cables.
Last week, North Korea's sole Internet link with the rest of the world went down for about three hours.
Verizon and the city of Boston today unveiled a US$300 million fibre optic cable replacement of copper cable throughout the city over the next six years.
Can Facebook succeed where Google Glass failed?
Researchers from Northwestern University discover how an attacker could write a Firefox add-on that takes advantage of security holes in other Firefox add-ons to do its bidding.
“Faster and more reliable connectivity is vital to all New Zealanders."
Brave, a new browser from the co-founder of Mozilla, gets serious about replacing the web’s worst ads.
Reddit has removed a notice, known as a warrant canary, from its transparency report for 2015, suggesting that it may have received a secret national security order for user data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT