Facebook has attracted "just about" 1 million downloads of its Home application in its first month of availability.
OnApp and Dell have teamed up to create pretested cloud packages for service providers and make it easier for them to roll out services, which could result in more competition in the cloud space.
Pioneer will soon launch a new car navigation system in Japan that uses dashboard cameras to scan the road ahead for approaching street signs and other cars, and will share images of road conditions with other vehicles.
Proposed legislation in California aims to ban guns made using 3-D printing, after an organization Defense Distributed fired a handgun made with the technology, and said it would distribute its drawings online.
Google is rolling out a new IT administration console for its Apps email and collaboration cloud suite and for other enterprise products such as Maps Coordinate and Chrome OS devices.
Facebook has asked Microsoft to remove 41 unofficial and clone 'Facebook' apps from the Windows Phone store as the social network prepares to introduce its official app for the platform.
A lawsuit against Google's customer service practices in Germany is looming after the company declined to sign a document promising German consumer organizations to start answering customer emails individually.
Google has added a new notification to its Cloud Storage service, allowing applications to automatically take action when new content is uploaded by users.
Microsoft has extended a search revenue guarantee agreement with Yahoo for one more year, amid reports that the Internet company is trying to break its 10-year agreement with Microsoft.
A Dutch startup has launched a service that studies data from social networks to quickly identify online service outages -- sometimes, it says, before the service providers know about the outages themselves.
Microsoft plans to accelerate improvements in Office Web Apps, the browser-based version of the Office suite, adding features like real-time co-authoring of documents and the ability to run in Android tablets via mobile Chrome browser support.
Only a year after acquiring Syncplicity, EMC is getting ready to make the company's enterprise file management system work with hybrid clouds.
Internet traffic to and from Syria, which is in the midst of a civil war, appears to have dried up.
More than 20 percent of data brokers checked by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission allegedly violated a U.S. privacy law when sharing personal data with agency workers posing as companies wanting to purchase information.
SAP is set to offer customers the option of running their applications on top of a cloud-based version of its HANA in-memory database technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk SupportNSW
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC