Proposed legislation in California aims to ban guns made using 3-D printing, after an organization Defense Distributed fired a handgun made with the technology, and said it would distribute its drawings online.
Google is rolling out a new IT administration console for its Apps email and collaboration cloud suite and for other enterprise products such as Maps Coordinate and Chrome OS devices.
Facebook has asked Microsoft to remove 41 unofficial and clone 'Facebook' apps from the Windows Phone store as the social network prepares to introduce its official app for the platform.
A lawsuit against Google's customer service practices in Germany is looming after the company declined to sign a document promising German consumer organizations to start answering customer emails individually.
Google has added a new notification to its Cloud Storage service, allowing applications to automatically take action when new content is uploaded by users.
Microsoft has extended a search revenue guarantee agreement with Yahoo for one more year, amid reports that the Internet company is trying to break its 10-year agreement with Microsoft.
A Dutch startup has launched a service that studies data from social networks to quickly identify online service outages -- sometimes, it says, before the service providers know about the outages themselves.
Microsoft plans to accelerate improvements in Office Web Apps, the browser-based version of the Office suite, adding features like real-time co-authoring of documents and the ability to run in Android tablets via mobile Chrome browser support.
Only a year after acquiring Syncplicity, EMC is getting ready to make the company's enterprise file management system work with hybrid clouds.
Internet traffic to and from Syria, which is in the midst of a civil war, appears to have dried up.
More than 20 percent of data brokers checked by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission allegedly violated a U.S. privacy law when sharing personal data with agency workers posing as companies wanting to purchase information.
SAP is set to offer customers the option of running their applications on top of a cloud-based version of its HANA in-memory database technology.
The U.S. Department of Justice's copyright infringement case against file storage service Megaupload is "prosecutorial overreach" based on a misreading of U.S. law, the site's lawyers argue in a white paper released Tuesday.
China's largest search engine Baidu is getting closer to becoming the country's largest online video provider with a new US$370 million acquisition.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCPMO Quality Officer - Major NSW GovernmentNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW