Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
Citrix System's GoToWebcast has become generally available in North America and Europe, offering users a cloud-based webcasting tool for up to 5,000 attendees.
Twitter today unveiled a music service that uses activity on the microblog to help users share and discover new music. The songs shared via the service are currently sourced from Spotify, iTunes or Rdio.
Wikileaks' latest release is billed as a transcript of a "secret meeting," but it may more accurately be termed a promotion.
Google's core product may always be search, but the company is just as serious about providing in-the-moment information to users with emerging technologies such as Google Now, self-driving cars and Glass, CEO Larry Page signaled on Thursday.
Google's first-quarter revenue rose by 31 percent to about $14 billion, driven by strong gains within the company's advertising business.
The U.S. Senate has moved toward a vote to impose sales tax on most Internet purchases, with lawmakers likely to vote to close debate on legislation next week.
Yahoo has released two new mobile apps, for weather and email, suggesting the company may be on track toward delivering on its promise of offering users a range of new mobile products over the next several months.
Google received an ultimatum Thursday from German consumer organizations that want it to start answering questions from its users via email.
The largest Bitcoin exchange in the US, BitFloor, has closed again, this time due to issues with its bank account, according to its founder.
Google is acquiring iProvo, a fiber-optic network owned by the city of Provo, Utah, as part of a plan to introduce its high-speed broadband network called Google Fiber there.
Snaptiva wants to add a bit more color to the experience of shopping for home design and fashion products, literally.
Users on Twitter are now more likely to see ads based on what they tweet about.
There is absolutely no way that Apple will surrender its iPhone interface to Facebook Home, analysts said today.
Facebook has announced it is bringing certain elements of its Facebook Home app to iPhone and iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW