A malfunctioning log-in system affected millions of people's ability to access a variety of Google applications on Wednesday, including Gmail and Drive.
Some of the biggest names in IT including IBM, Microsoft, Google and Intel reported quarterly earnings this week, revealing a picture of the tech sector that, while not as gloomy as had been feared, is nevertheless mixed.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
Citrix System's GoToWebcast has become generally available in North America and Europe, offering users a cloud-based webcasting tool for up to 5,000 attendees.
Twitter today unveiled a music service that uses activity on the microblog to help users share and discover new music. The songs shared via the service are currently sourced from Spotify, iTunes or Rdio.
Wikileaks' latest release is billed as a transcript of a "secret meeting," but it may more accurately be termed a promotion.
Google's core product may always be search, but the company is just as serious about providing in-the-moment information to users with emerging technologies such as Google Now, self-driving cars and Glass, CEO Larry Page signaled on Thursday.
Google's first-quarter revenue rose by 31 percent to about $14 billion, driven by strong gains within the company's advertising business.
The U.S. Senate has moved toward a vote to impose sales tax on most Internet purchases, with lawmakers likely to vote to close debate on legislation next week.
Yahoo has released two new mobile apps, for weather and email, suggesting the company may be on track toward delivering on its promise of offering users a range of new mobile products over the next several months.
Google received an ultimatum Thursday from German consumer organizations that want it to start answering questions from its users via email.
The largest Bitcoin exchange in the US, BitFloor, has closed again, this time due to issues with its bank account, according to its founder.
Google is acquiring iProvo, a fiber-optic network owned by the city of Provo, Utah, as part of a plan to introduce its high-speed broadband network called Google Fiber there.
Snaptiva wants to add a bit more color to the experience of shopping for home design and fashion products, literally.
Users on Twitter are now more likely to see ads based on what they tweet about.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC