Net freedom campaigners celebrated a victory on Tuesday after the European Parliament decided against calling for an all-out ban on Internet pornography.
South by Southwest Interactive is such a massive technology conference with so much activity and many ideas being thrown around at once that it can be hard to give an overall feel for the Austin, Texas, extravaganza using just words.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has expanded its Elastic Beanstalk to include Node.js, in an effort to make it easier to deploy and manage application development on its cloud.
At 2:46 Monday afternoon, Japan went quiet.
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group named its new CEO to replace Jack Ma, choosing from within its ranks long-time company executive Jonathan Lu, who will start in his new role on May 10.
Amazon.com's application for top-level domain strings, including for ".book" and ".read," has come under attack from publishing industry groups and competitor Barnes & Noble.
As Google aims to expand search's ability to answer increasingly difficult questions based on contextual information, several key obstacles still stand in its way.
Could anonymous chat be the next big thing? At this year's South by Southwest Interactive, the place that helped put Twitter and FourSquare on the map, a fledgling app for anonymous chatting is gaining some traction.
Stuart Walters, IT director at international law firm Taylor Wessing, has urged other CIOs and IT managers to engage with customer facing lines of business, such as sales and marketing, in a bid to avoid the emergence of shadow IT.
Facebook's Graph Search could be a powerful tool for steering people toward products and services on the social networking site, and marketers are starting to wrestle with the impact it may have on their brands.
For as long as I can remember, WordPress has been synonymous with blog hosting--mostly consumer blog hosting.
Mobile carriers should deploy a number of safeguards to protect their customers against a growing problem of unauthorized billing through mobile payments, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said in a report released Friday.
Brooklyn-based Sprezzat wants to modernize caller ID for people's smartphones with a little help from Twitter and Facebook.
Millions around the world begin their online day by checking out Facebook's News Feed. But what they see there is about to change. Facebook announced a major overhaul to the News Feed feature at a much-hyped press event at the social networking giant...
The shutdown of Megaupload caused an increase in digital sales and rentals of movies, according to a study by two researchers, which is likely to give a boost to the movie industry which has typically blamed online cyberlockers and file-sharing websi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC