Microsoft experienced disruptions for several hours to its online suite of mail, calendar and storage services, leaving many users unable to access their accounts.
Some U.S. taxpayers may have to wait a bit longer than usual to get their refunds, due to problems that recently cropped up with Intuit's tax-preparation software.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
Chip makers STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments have announced partnerships with Swedish vendor Thingsquare, which has developed a tiny operating system designed to make it easier to connect a broad variety of things, from street lights to therm...
African domain-name registrars responded with mixed reactions to details of ICANN's initiative on the continent, saying that while they should now have increased access to the Internet governance organization, increasing the number of registrars isn'...
Net freedom campaigners celebrated a victory on Tuesday after the European Parliament decided against calling for an all-out ban on Internet pornography.
South by Southwest Interactive is such a massive technology conference with so much activity and many ideas being thrown around at once that it can be hard to give an overall feel for the Austin, Texas, extravaganza using just words.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has expanded its Elastic Beanstalk to include Node.js, in an effort to make it easier to deploy and manage application development on its cloud.
At 2:46 Monday afternoon, Japan went quiet.
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group named its new CEO to replace Jack Ma, choosing from within its ranks long-time company executive Jonathan Lu, who will start in his new role on May 10.
Amazon.com's application for top-level domain strings, including for ".book" and ".read," has come under attack from publishing industry groups and competitor Barnes & Noble.
As Google aims to expand search's ability to answer increasingly difficult questions based on contextual information, several key obstacles still stand in its way.
Could anonymous chat be the next big thing? At this year's South by Southwest Interactive, the place that helped put Twitter and FourSquare on the map, a fledgling app for anonymous chatting is gaining some traction.
Stuart Walters, IT director at international law firm Taylor Wessing, has urged other CIOs and IT managers to engage with customer facing lines of business, such as sales and marketing, in a bid to avoid the emergence of shadow IT.
Facebook's Graph Search could be a powerful tool for steering people toward products and services on the social networking site, and marketers are starting to wrestle with the impact it may have on their brands.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW