Europe's antitrust chief on Wednesday announced a substantial €561 million fine on Microsoft, but it could have been even higher he said.
Europe's antitrust chief on Wednesday announced a €561 million (US$731 million) fine on Microsoft for its failure to include a browser choice page in its upgrade to Windows 7 in 2011.
Google on Tuesday pushed out an update for its Maps iPhone app designed to make it easier for users to search for local businesses and contacts in their address book.
Some thousand-plus Google users have been subject to FBI security information requests since 2009, the company said Tuesday. The data build on Google's already existing tally of government data requests.
New legislation in the U.S. Congress would establish a government task force to monitor domestic and overseas policy proposals that could threaten Internet freedom.
CRM (customer relationship management) software will be the top priority for additional spending on enterprise applications around the world this year and next, according to newly released data from analyst firm Gartner.
The European Commission will ask the German government to explain more about a draft bill that aims to protect publishers against systematic access to copyright content by search engine providers such as Google.
After 12 successive quarters of double-digit growth at SAP, co-CEO Jim Hagemann Snabe is now pinning his future hopes on the company's recently acquired Ariba e-commerce network.
Opinions expressed on Twitter differ from public opinion measured by surveys on key political events and policy issues, reflecting that users of the Internet service are demographically very different from the public, according to a study by Pew Rese...
Microsoft has acquired MetricsHub, a startup focused on technology for automating cloud performance management.
Twitter will end support for TweetDeck on the iPhone and Android in order to focus solely on browser-based versions for those platforms. And it is also apparently dumping Facebook.
Facebook is working to set the record straight following a report suggesting that the site is gaming its News Feed so that people who pay to promote their posts will get more interaction from users than those who don't.
The Pirate Bay claims that North Korea has offered to provide network connectivity for its controversial search engine, which has faced a years-long battle to stay online.
After spending the past six months talking about prioritizing its business around mobile platforms, Facebook says it's time to get down to business.
SharePoint 2013 arrives with a new user interface and new collaboration, search, storage and task management features. But gaps remain in areas like social and mobile, and upgrading and governing SharePoint is still rife with challenges.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW