The seventh-grade classroom at Aptos Middle School buzzed with animated kids, many of whom whispered to friends and shot curious looks at the visitors scattered around their classroom.
Cuba's Internet speeds increased on Tuesday, and the country appears to be routing more traffic through a previously dormant undersea fiber-optic cable, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
Google's fourth-quarter revenue was up 36 per cent from the previous year, thanks to continued growth in its advertising business.
Bulking up on tools for managing hybrid clouds, Red Hat plans to fold the software it acquired last month in the ManageIQ purchase into its own CloudForms software.
Users who signed into third-party Web or mobile applications using their Twitter accounts might have given those applications access to their Twitter private "direct" messages without knowing it, according to Cesar Cerrudo, the chief technology offic...
An EU project to draw up guidelines to reduce terrorist use of the Internet has been described as a total waste of money by independent watchdog EDRi (European Digital Rights).
Mozilla has launched Keon and Peak, two smartphones based on the web-centric Firefox OS platform.
China's censors have started blocking access to software collaboration site GitHub, and Internet observers are speculating the government's efforts to regulate the nation's online train ticketing system are to blame.
Twitter's service had problems on Monday for over six hours with some users complaining the service was slow, while others could not access the service.
Kim Dotcom's bold new venture, the file-storage and sharing service Mega, is drawing criticism as security researchers analyze how the site protects users' data. In short, they advise: don't trust it.
Fujitsu is working on a new technology that will let users download files from PCs to their mobile phones by shooting videos of them.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is bringing its technical and management staff to China for the first time as a way to increase collaboration between the nation's Internet industry and the Web standards group.
Online encyclopedia Wikipedia may encounter service disruptions as it is migrated to servers at a data center in Ashburn, Virginia.
A change in Internet traffic patterns over the past week suggests that Cuba may have turned on a fibre-optic submarine cable that links it to the global Internet via Venezuela, according to Internet routing analysis company Renesys.
Google thinks it might have found an answer to the vexing problem of forgotten or weak passwords: "physical" passwords, which might come in the form of a piece of jewelry such as a ring.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW