Access to software collaboration site GitHub appeared to be restored in China on Wednesday, just as former Google executive Kai-Fu lee criticized its blocking as a senseless move that would harm the nation's developers.
Fuji Xerox will soon release software that links its office copiers to the Google Drive online storage service, a sign that the search engine's online business suite is making inroads in Japan.
Yahoo has acquired content discovery and sharing website Snip.it, and the service has been shut down.
The seventh-grade classroom at Aptos Middle School buzzed with animated kids, many of whom whispered to friends and shot curious looks at the visitors scattered around their classroom.
Cuba's Internet speeds increased on Tuesday, and the country appears to be routing more traffic through a previously dormant undersea fiber-optic cable, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
Google's fourth-quarter revenue was up 36 per cent from the previous year, thanks to continued growth in its advertising business.
Bulking up on tools for managing hybrid clouds, Red Hat plans to fold the software it acquired last month in the ManageIQ purchase into its own CloudForms software.
Users who signed into third-party Web or mobile applications using their Twitter accounts might have given those applications access to their Twitter private "direct" messages without knowing it, according to Cesar Cerrudo, the chief technology offic...
An EU project to draw up guidelines to reduce terrorist use of the Internet has been described as a total waste of money by independent watchdog EDRi (European Digital Rights).
Mozilla has launched Keon and Peak, two smartphones based on the web-centric Firefox OS platform.
China's censors have started blocking access to software collaboration site GitHub, and Internet observers are speculating the government's efforts to regulate the nation's online train ticketing system are to blame.
Twitter's service had problems on Monday for over six hours with some users complaining the service was slow, while others could not access the service.
Kim Dotcom's bold new venture, the file-storage and sharing service Mega, is drawing criticism as security researchers analyze how the site protects users' data. In short, they advise: don't trust it.
Fujitsu is working on a new technology that will let users download files from PCs to their mobile phones by shooting videos of them.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is bringing its technical and management staff to China for the first time as a way to increase collaboration between the nation's Internet industry and the Web standards group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW