The number people accessing social networking sites in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the U.K. using their mobile phone has grown by 44 percent in the last year, market research company comScore said on Monday.
Thin client maker Wyse Technology has acquired Canadian company Trellia to help it manage the growing number of smartphones and tablets used by enterprises, Wyse said on Monday.
The Italian mathematician who contributed to the development of Google's search algorithm is preparing to launch his own challenge to the dominant search engine before the end of the year.
Enterprise software vendors have been rushing to build or buy "sentiment analysis" technologies that can analyze the tone of what people are saying about companies and brands on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The European Parliament has added its voice to those criticizing the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the United States criticizing the use of domain name seizures by U.S. authorities on copyright 'infringing' websites.
Platform-as-a-service provider Engine Yard is adding support for Node.js as part of a new program at the company designed to help it quickly experiment with new features and services.
Yelp, a local business reviews site, filed Thursday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering (IPO) of up to US$100 million.
Motorola Mobility said Thursday that its shareholders voted overwhelmingly in favor of the proposed acquisition of the company by Google.
Alcatel-Lucent is developing a Cloud computing platform for carriers that aims to take full advantage of their networks to deliver guaranteed performance.
PayPal has launched a Facebook application designed to let users of the social networking site send money to each other.
The Chinese government is using Internet censorship as a trade weapon against U.S. tech companies trying to do business there, leaders of two business organizations have told a U.S. government commission focused on human rights in China.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) management tool will from now on tell users about upcoming scheduled operational activities that will affect the availability of its cloud, the company <a href="http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/11/ec2-instance-status-moni...
Facebook and Skype have broadened the scope of their technical integration to make it possible for two people to do a video chat - one using the Skype interface and the other using the Facebook interface.
Google is merging its Checkout and Wallet electronic payment services to consolidate them into a single product that works both on Web browsers and mobile devices.
Net neutrality should be enshrined in European Union law, says the European Parliament.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD