With their own dedicated processor and operating system, LTE/3G modems built into new business laptops and tablets could be a valuable target for hackers by providing a stealthy way to maintain persistent access to an infected device.
Travel industry software maker Sabre is the latest company said to have been hit by the same hackers who recently attacked U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), while American Airlines has been investigating it...
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW