With their own dedicated processor and operating system, LTE/3G modems built into new business laptops and tablets could be a valuable target for hackers by providing a stealthy way to maintain persistent access to an infected device.
Travel industry software maker Sabre is the latest company said to have been hit by the same hackers who recently attacked U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), while American Airlines has been investigating it...
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC