With their own dedicated processor and operating system, LTE/3G modems built into new business laptops and tablets could be a valuable target for hackers by providing a stealthy way to maintain persistent access to an infected device.
Travel industry software maker Sabre is the latest company said to have been hit by the same hackers who recently attacked U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), while American Airlines has been investigating it...
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
A hacker extracted customer log-in credentials from a server owned by Bitdefender that hosted the cloud-based management dashboards for its small and medium-size business clients.
The cyberespionage group that stole the personal records of millions of Americans from U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has also reportedly breached United Airlines.
The vast majority of Android phones can be hacked by sending them a specially crafted multimedia message (MMS), a security researcher has found.
Security researchers published limited details about four unpatched vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer because Microsoft has not moved quickly enough to fix them.
Italian surveillance software maker Hacking Team recently claimed that it hasn't lost any customers after the massive leak of its internal data two weeks ago. But it has lost at least one business partner: U.S.-based penetration testing specialist an...
The Flash Player update released Tuesday not only fixed two vulnerabilities that were being targeted by attackers, but added additional protections that will make entire classes of security flaws much harder to exploit in the future.
Go ahead and update Java -- or disable it if you don't remember the last time you actually used it on the Web: Oracle's latest patch, released Tuesday, fixes 25 vulnerabilities in the aging platform, including one that's already being exploited in at...
Surveillance software maker Hacking Team has provided its government customers with the ability to infect the low-level firmware found in laptops and other computers that they wanted to spy on.
A sophisticated group of hackers known for targeting military, government and media organizations is currently using an exploit for a vulnerability in Java that hasn't been patched by Oracle.
Recently breached surveillance software maker, Hacking Team, had access to three different exploits for previously unknown vulnerabilities in Flash Player. All of them are now out in the open, putting Internet users at risk.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- To go from IT to IoT, build on your skills
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia