Several wireless routers made by Netgear contain a vulnerability that allows unauthenticated attackers to extract sensitive information from the devices, including their administrator passwords and wireless network keys.
In the latest Internet of Things security blunder, personal weather station devices made by Netatmo were found sending users' Wi-Fi passwords back to the company over unencrypted connections.
Facebook has built a platform where organizations can share information about the security threats they face in order to better fend off cyberattacks.
A Chinese hacking group infiltrated the Forbes.com site in November and used it to launch targeted attacks against website visitors from U.S. banking and defense companies, a cybersecurity company said on Tuesday.
A malware program designed for Linux systems, including embedded devices with ARM architecture, uses a sophisticated kernel rootkit that's custom built for each infection.
WordPress sites with the plug-in Fancybox-for-WordPress should apply a critical security update released Thursday that fixes a vulnerability already exploited by attackers.
The U.S. National Security Agency and its intelligence partners are reportedly sifting through data stolen by state-sponsored and freelance hackers on a regular basis in search of valuable information.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) might have a second security breach on its hands, or maybe the hackers from November's scandalous attack are still inside the company systems, according to a security firm that claims to have seen evidence of Russian...
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
A vulnerability found in a DSL router model from D-Link allows remote hackers to change its DNS (Domain Name System) settings and hijack users' traffic. The issue might also affect other devices because it is located in a popular firmware used by dif...
Keylogging malware that may have been used by the NSA shares signficant portions of code with a component of Regin, a sophisticated platform that has been used to spy on businesses, government institutions and private individuals for years.
Over 5,000 devices used by gas stations in the U.S. to monitor their fuel tank levels can be manipulated from the Internet by malicious attackers.
In addition to having its own arsenal of digital weapons, the U.S. National Security Agency reportedly hijacks and repurposes third-party malware.
Users who visited the site of the state-run North Korean news agency, to see the country's response to the Sony hacking accusations or for other reasons, might want to scan their computers for malware.
A vulnerability in Asuswrt, the firmware running on many wireless router models from Asustek Computer, allows attackers to completely compromise the affected devices. Malicious hackers, however, need to launch their attacks from within the local netw...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Arduino targets the Internet of Things with Primo board
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD