Several wireless routers made by Netgear contain a vulnerability that allows unauthenticated attackers to extract sensitive information from the devices, including their administrator passwords and wireless network keys.
In the latest Internet of Things security blunder, personal weather station devices made by Netatmo were found sending users' Wi-Fi passwords back to the company over unencrypted connections.
Facebook has built a platform where organizations can share information about the security threats they face in order to better fend off cyberattacks.
A Chinese hacking group infiltrated the Forbes.com site in November and used it to launch targeted attacks against website visitors from U.S. banking and defense companies, a cybersecurity company said on Tuesday.
A malware program designed for Linux systems, including embedded devices with ARM architecture, uses a sophisticated kernel rootkit that's custom built for each infection.
WordPress sites with the plug-in Fancybox-for-WordPress should apply a critical security update released Thursday that fixes a vulnerability already exploited by attackers.
The U.S. National Security Agency and its intelligence partners are reportedly sifting through data stolen by state-sponsored and freelance hackers on a regular basis in search of valuable information.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) might have a second security breach on its hands, or maybe the hackers from November's scandalous attack are still inside the company systems, according to a security firm that claims to have seen evidence of Russian...
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
A vulnerability found in a DSL router model from D-Link allows remote hackers to change its DNS (Domain Name System) settings and hijack users' traffic. The issue might also affect other devices because it is located in a popular firmware used by dif...
Keylogging malware that may have been used by the NSA shares signficant portions of code with a component of Regin, a sophisticated platform that has been used to spy on businesses, government institutions and private individuals for years.
Over 5,000 devices used by gas stations in the U.S. to monitor their fuel tank levels can be manipulated from the Internet by malicious attackers.
In addition to having its own arsenal of digital weapons, the U.S. National Security Agency reportedly hijacks and repurposes third-party malware.
Users who visited the site of the state-run North Korean news agency, to see the country's response to the Sony hacking accusations or for other reasons, might want to scan their computers for malware.
A vulnerability in Asuswrt, the firmware running on many wireless router models from Asustek Computer, allows attackers to completely compromise the affected devices. Malicious hackers, however, need to launch their attacks from within the local netw...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Lead/ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerACT
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC