A new open-source tool can be used to launch phishing attacks against users of wireless networks in order to steal their Wi-Fi access keys.
Attackers can infect MacBook computers with highly persistent boot rootkits by connecting malicious devices to them over the Thunderbolt interface.
The attackers who stole information about 83 million JPMorgan Chase customers earlier this year gained a foothold on the company's network because a server reportedly lacked two-factor authentication.
Remote code execution vulnerabilities in the standard implementation of the network time protocol (NTP) can be exploited by attackers to compromise servers, embedded devices and even critical infrastructure systems that run UNIX-like operating system...
A critical vulnerability in client software used to interact with Git, a distributed revision control system for managing source code repositories, allows attackers to execute rogue commands on computers used by developers.
A serious vulnerability in an embedded Web server used by many router models from different manufacturers allows remote attackers to take control of affected devices over the Internet.
A malware program dubbed Spark that steals payment card data from compromised point-of-sale (POS) systems is likely a modification of an older Trojan called Alina, and highlights a continuing, lucrative business for cybercriminals.
A so-called spearphishing attack on ICANN has compromised the email credentials of several ICANN staff members and allowed the attacker access to user information, including email and postal addresses.
A newly discovered malware program designed to infect Linux systems is tied to a sophisticated cyberespionage operation of Russian origin dubbed Epic Turla, security researchers found.
Many gamers couldn't access Sony's PlayStation Network (PSN) for hours on Sunday evening after an apparent attack against the service. The PlayStation Store was also reportedly affected.
A malware program with data wiping functionality that was recently used to attack Sony Pictures Entertainment bears technical similarities to destructive malware that affected organizations in South Korea and the Middle East in the past.
North Korea, for the first time, has denied involvement in the recent cyber attack that hit Sony Pictures.
The destructive malware program that the FBI alerted some companies about this week was likely used against Sony Pictures Entertainment, according to technical evidence found by researchers in the program's code.
Industrial control systems have been at the center of some scary security stories recently, but investigating malware infections in such environments is not easy because analysts often having a hard time telling suspicious and good files apart.
For the past two years, a team of Iranian hackers has compromised computers and networks belonging to over 50 organizations from 16 countries, including airlines, defense contractors, universities, military installations, hospitals, airports, telecom...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD