Data-integration giant Informatica has made itself a private company in a $US5.3 billion deal that includes investments from Microsoft and Salesforce.com.
Enterprise customers can expect to hear more from e-commerce giant Alibaba Group. The Chinese company is accelerating the global expansion of its cloud computing business, with a US$1 billion investment.
Good programmers are notoriously hard to find, but HackerRank thinks it has the answer. A fresh cash infusion suggests it may be on to something.
There's no shortage of software vendors paying lip service to data science in this analytics-infused era, but Workday is putting its money where its mouth is.
China's largest chip foundry is entering into a joint venture with Qualcomm to develop chips, at a time when the country is looking for technology to emerge as a semiconductor producing powerhouse.
Watch the first episode in our new series Breakout Startups here.
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
SAP's strategy event for the investment community on Tuesday offered few major surprises to anyone who's been closely monitoring the software vendor lately, but did serve to cement the company's future direction for product development, growth and cu...
Bitcoin: What is it, really? A digital currency? An investment? An Xbox game? For many people it's not clear, but that hasn't stopped venture capitalists from going gaga over it.
SAP is set to release its second-quarter results on Thursday, and as usual market watchers will be paying close attention given the vendor's bellwether status within the enterprise software market.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA