It's no small testament to the appeal of container technology that Docker -- by far the leading contender in the field -- went from under 3 million downloads in June 2014 to 100 million last month.
Salesforce's investment arm has led a major funding round that delivered $41 million in fresh cash to Apttus, a maker of cloud software that helps companies manage price quotes and sales contracts.
Yahoo will spin off its stake in Alibaba Group to form a new investment company, placating shareholders who wanted more value from Yahoo's share in the Chinese e-commerce giant.
U.S. venture funding for Internet startups last year rose to its highest level since 2000, as even controversial companies like Uber Technologies attracted big bets on the future.
More price cuts are expected this year because of fierce competition between Cloud and on-site software providers, and enterprises will be the beneficiaries.
To push its mobile chips into the supply streams of more Chinese vendors, Intel is planning to invest up to $US1.6 billion over the next 15 years at a company semiconductor plant in Chengdu.
Intel is strengthening its effort to reduce what it calls the "pain of passwords" by acquiring PasswordBox, a Canadian company that offers an online identity manager designed to let users log on to a range of websites and services with just one click...
The biggest headcount reduction in Microsoft's history was driven by a need to invest in new technologies rather than the company's bottom line, according to an advisor to CEO Satya Nadella.
Everspin has signed up chip maker Global Foundries as a manufacturing partner for its next-generation MRAM (Magnetoresistive RAM) memory chips, in a development that should help the promising technology move toward mass production.
The blame game between Oracle and the state of Oregon is going into overtime, even before their dueling lawsuits over the disastrous Cover Oregon health insurance exchange website make it into court.
It's a boom year for venture capital investing, and tech companies with the potential to disrupt business-as-usual are grabbing the lion's share of the money.
Big data is going to get a big boost from the European Union, which will match an industry consortium's €2 billion investment with €500 million of public money over the next five years.
Hewlett-Packard's move to break up the company sets up the enterprise side of the business for a fresh attack on rivals such as Oracle and IBM.
Intel is investing 9 billion yuan (US$1.5 billion) in two Chinese chip companies with an eye to boosting its presence in the country's booming mobile phone market.
While Salesforce.com has been an active investor in startup companies for years, it's taking these efforts to the next level with its first dedicated venture capital fund.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- UN steps in to end marketing war over what 5G means
- Cerise Circular review: This Mac Pro wannabe gets sidetracked by gaming
- US probe of drone collisions with aircraft points to birds
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Alphabet's Waymo raises stakes in self-driving race with Uber lawsuit
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial ServicesVIC
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- CCAzure Architect/ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT