It's no small testament to the appeal of container technology that Docker -- by far the leading contender in the field -- went from under 3 million downloads in June 2014 to 100 million last month.
Salesforce's investment arm has led a major funding round that delivered $41 million in fresh cash to Apttus, a maker of cloud software that helps companies manage price quotes and sales contracts.
Yahoo will spin off its stake in Alibaba Group to form a new investment company, placating shareholders who wanted more value from Yahoo's share in the Chinese e-commerce giant.
U.S. venture funding for Internet startups last year rose to its highest level since 2000, as even controversial companies like Uber Technologies attracted big bets on the future.
More price cuts are expected this year because of fierce competition between Cloud and on-site software providers, and enterprises will be the beneficiaries.
To push its mobile chips into the supply streams of more Chinese vendors, Intel is planning to invest up to $US1.6 billion over the next 15 years at a company semiconductor plant in Chengdu.
Intel is strengthening its effort to reduce what it calls the "pain of passwords" by acquiring PasswordBox, a Canadian company that offers an online identity manager designed to let users log on to a range of websites and services with just one click...
The biggest headcount reduction in Microsoft's history was driven by a need to invest in new technologies rather than the company's bottom line, according to an advisor to CEO Satya Nadella.
Everspin has signed up chip maker Global Foundries as a manufacturing partner for its next-generation MRAM (Magnetoresistive RAM) memory chips, in a development that should help the promising technology move toward mass production.
The blame game between Oracle and the state of Oregon is going into overtime, even before their dueling lawsuits over the disastrous Cover Oregon health insurance exchange website make it into court.
It's a boom year for venture capital investing, and tech companies with the potential to disrupt business-as-usual are grabbing the lion's share of the money.
Big data is going to get a big boost from the European Union, which will match an industry consortium's €2 billion investment with €500 million of public money over the next five years.
Hewlett-Packard's move to break up the company sets up the enterprise side of the business for a fresh attack on rivals such as Oracle and IBM.
Intel is investing 9 billion yuan (US$1.5 billion) in two Chinese chip companies with an eye to boosting its presence in the country's booming mobile phone market.
While Salesforce.com has been an active investor in startup companies for years, it's taking these efforts to the next level with its first dedicated venture capital fund.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC