Foxconn Technology Group, the maker of Apple's iPhone, is investing at least 5 billion yuan (US$811 million) to develop electric car manufacturing in a Chinese province.
Freeing itself from the fetters of public-investor expectations, IT infrastructure company, Compuware, is becoming privately held, with equity investment firm Thoma Bravo purchasing the company outright for approximately $US2.5 billion.
SAP is planning to spend up to US$500 million in Africa from now through 2020 in hopes of dramatically growing its business on the continent, particularly in countries outside of South Africa, where it already has a strong base.
Intel was the target of an elaborate hoax Thursday that drew attention to its plan to invest almost US$6 billion in a chip plant in southern Israel.
Amazon.com is investing US$2 billion more in India, which is witnessing an online retail boom.
Hewlett-Packard is betting $50 million that its customers will find value in the Hadoop data processing platform, by investing in Hadoop distributor Hortonworks.
HTC posted a year-over-year gain in net profit for the second quarter, following the release of the company's latest flagship phone, and new low-end handsets coming to China.
Oracle is selling US$10 billion in bonds, in a move that could signal the vendor is planning to ramp up its already steady pace of acquisitions.
The European Commission is partnering with the private sector to invest €5 billion (US$6.8 billion) in Europe's electronics sector.
China's Alibaba Group is expanding in the U.S., with a new e-commerce site that's geared for buyers interested in boutique stores.
In the face of slowing growth and rising competition in its home market, China Mobile plans to take an 18 percent stake in Thailand's third largest mobile operator.
A €2.8 billion (US$3.8 billion) joint investment in robotics research and innovation by the robotics industry and the European Commission is intended to create over 240,000 new jobs in Europe -- but it remains unclear how many old jobs will be replac...
SAP is trimming an unspecified number of workers as part of an effort to restructure its overall skill set.
Bitcoin payment processor BitPay has raised $30 million to fund its international expansion.
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is partnering with an Internet browser company to try and topple Baidu's hold on the nation's mobile search market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC