If you're an iPhone user, you'll find the just-released iOS 4.2 a solid, mildly useful new system update. There's nothing earth-shaking here, and nothing as significant as the multitasking features and folders that iOS 4.2 adds to the iPad.
Apple released iOS 4.2 into the wild about 24 hours ago, and users installing the software update have found improved HTML 5 features, quirky bugs and limited AirPlay support.
Apple has finally released the highly-anticipated iOS 4.2. While the attention around iOS 4.2 has been focused on the enhancements and new features -- particularly for the iPad, the update also fixes more than 80 vulnerabilities in the iPhone, iPod, ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW