Apple has finally revealed the date it is expected to unveil its next-generation iPhone, the iPhone 5. The company sent out invitations to the media overnight for an event on Wednesday morning 5 October (Australian time).
According to current speculation, Apple's iPhone 5 is just weeks away from becoming a reality.
Apple reportedly will send the Golden Master version of its iOS 5 mobile operating system to manufacturing partners around the last week of September, and that means a new iPhone could be on the way shortly thereafter.
It shouldn't come as a shock that iOS 5 beta 6 has succumbed to jailbreaking. But unlike the usual speedy jailbreak action we're used to seeing (i.e. jailbreaks discovered within 24 hours), this one took nearly three days to figure out, which is a pr...
Apple this morning unveiled the latest version of its mobile operating system, iOS 5, particularly focussing on an overhauled notifications system, an 'iMessage' service, wireless syncing, a 'Newsstand' app, and built-in Twitter integration. However,...
Apple is testing internally the next major iOS release with third-party applications, according to some trace evidence uncovered by an iPhone software developer.
Apple watchers are buzzing about a possible iOS 5 launch this fall, suggesting the company will break from recent tradition and release the new mobile operating system software after its next iPhone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC