Innovative smartphone but with issues
Are Android phones better than the iPhone 7 Plus?
Lose weight by tapping the screen
There is no better keyboard travelling companion
A fun indoor drone, but battery life is a problem
ios in pictures
Today’s developers need to be mobile to be efficient because problems don’t go away when you’re out of the office. This list of iOS apps promises to keep you connected and able to handle tasks regardless of where and when they come up.
Seasoned business travelers share their favorite Android and iOS apps for booking flights and hotels, navigating airports and unfamiliar cities, staying in touch while on the move, and much more.
Shortly after obtaining a new iPhone 5S, CIO.com's Al Sacco, an unabashed BlackBerry user and Android loyalist, set out to find the best iOS apps that aren't available for other mobile platforms. He came with up these 15 must-have iPhone, iPad and iPod touch downloads.
An Apple iPhone ad that aired in April claimed, "Every day, more photos are taken with the iPhone than any other camera", and I can believe it. Not only are there are a boatload of iPhones in the wild, there are a huge number of apps that enhance and improve on Apple's default camera app making photography more accessible, more creative, and more social. This is a collection of some of the best and most interesting apps available.
At the 12-day mark, iOS 10 accounted for 41.9% of all iOS editions detected by Mixpanel, significantly lower than the 52.4% accumulated by iOS 9 last year at the same post-release point.
Bigger emoji, stickers, and cute effects do not make for a super-useful messaging experience.
Apple execs took to a stage today in a fast-paced keynote that pushed back against talk that Apple lags behind rivals in artificial intelligence and opened some of the company's crown jewels to third-party developers.
Many alternative mobile operating systems like Firefox have fallen by the wayside while Android and iOS continue to dominate, but Samsung's Tizen has survived.
The latest update lets you view notifications, read new emails, and reply to messages from the comfort of your wrist.
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
Autocorrect is a boon from the computer gods for anyone engaged in tiny-screen typing, but it's also the bane of every iPhone and iPad user's existence. You can accept the gift and avoid the grief by paying attention to a few details.
Your iPhone and iPad can speak aloud any text you can select. In this video, I'll show you how to enable that feature, and how to type emoji symbols in your text, too.
Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
Last September, a new thread in Apple Support Communities briefly noted that a user was unable to get his iPhone 5 to pair with other Bluetooth devices. As it turned out, he was not alone. Cut to the present: this thread is now 29 pages long, with se...
While it won’t affect everyone, a serious bug reared its head at the weekend with me. When you drive into a tunnel and then hit a traffic jam, Apple Maps keeps going at the same speed. While this is something I’ve actually wanted for tunnel navigatio...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
The competition between Apple and Samsung is stiff, but before this showdown’s end, a winner will emerge.
The iPhone 6s release date seems to be beyond doubt now. Apple is confidently believed to be releasing the new models on September 18 in tier-one countries. This will follow a launch date thought to be September 9...
Avoid the dreaded 'battery low' message with these simple tips
Videos about ios
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in US citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC