AppSense has released MobileNow, a cloud-based service that combines device and application administration features, as it hopes to take a bite out of the growing mobile management market.
Apple will start selling a version of the fourth-generation iPad with 128GB of storage starting Feb. 5, doubling the maximum offered storage space.
Apple today released iOS 6.1, the first major update for the mobile operating system since its September 2012 launch, patching 27 security vulnerabilities and adding 36 LTE carriers to the iPhone 5's support list.
A mobile-technology patent that Samsung deems essential to the UMTS standard is likely to be invalid, the Regional Court in Mannheim, Germany, said.
Engineers at Fujitsu Laboratories are developing an HTML 5-based platform for smartphones that designed to keep corporate data secure when accessed from employee-owned handsets.
With the latest generation of high-end smartphones sporting power-hungry 5-inch screens, a growing number of phone vendors are emphasizing bigger batteries rather than thinner devices.
German smartphone users will be able to make smartphone-to-smartphone payments using only an account and a phone number from mid-February, Telefónica Germany announced.
Two iPhone hackers hinted they're making progress towards developing a new jailbreak for the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system.
Apple and Google's Android have the widest adoption among mobile BI (business intelligence) applications, as the products are becoming more mature, according to a report from market research company Ovum.
Apple iPhone 5 users consume the most cellular data, while owners of Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S III upload more data than any other smartphone, according to a survey conducted by Arieso.
Renewed talk of a cheaper iPhone shuffled into view this week, with sources as varied as the spotty DigiTimes to the more mainstream Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg claiming Apple will enter the low-price fray this year.
Zynga's Mark Pincus made the annual "Worst CEOs" list compiled by Dartmouth College professor Sydney Finkelstein, which also nearly included Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and Andrew Mason of Groupon.
A famed iPhone hacker has developed a fresh way to jailbreak Apple's iOS 6 operating system in order to install unauthorized apps, but he says he won't release it.
Samsung Electronics should keep its commitment to consumers and withdraw its demands for bans on imports of Apple products in the U.S. as it did in Europe, Apple said in documents filed with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) on Wednesday.
Apple has appealed a judge's decision not to ban from sale in the U.S. 26 Samsung cell phones that were found to infringe on its patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD