The changes Samsung Electronics has made to its Galaxy Tab 10.1 are enough so that it is no longer a copy of Apple's iPad, a judge at the district court in Düsseldorf, Germany, said on Thursday.
PayPal is testing mobile payments using NFC (Near Field Communications) stickers in Stockholm, allowing users to pay for goods at two stores using Apple's iPhone and Android-based smartphones.
Apple is experiencing problems with its iTunes Store and iCloud services, with many Twitter users reporting that they are unable to log in using their Apple ID to download apps.
Although Android Ice Cream Sandwich makes some big leaps in HTML5 browser performance, Apple's iOS 5 is still the king, according to a study by Sencha.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
On Thursday, Xamarin added an API (application programming interface) for contacts to its new cross-platform Mobile development kit, with which the company aims to make it easier for C# users to develop applications for Android and iOS at the same ti...
A French court has denied Samsung's preliminary injunction request to stop the sale of Apple's iPhone 4S, both parties confirmed on Thursday.
Organizations and regulators across Europe, including Germany, have started looking into the use of Carrier IQ's tracking software, to ensure that mobile phone vendors and operators are not violating users' privacy.
Samsung became the biggest smartphone vendor in the world during the third quarter, and Android's market share has surpassed 50 percent for the first time, market research company Gartner said on Tuesday as it reported on phone sales to end-users.
Smartphones and tablets are evolving from niche luxury devices to mainstream consumer gadgets. As mobile devices become a ubiquitous part of the mainstream culture, malware developers are paying attention and are anxious to exploit the fertile new te...
Who knew Apple's iOS 5 mobile operating system held so many secrets? Developers and sleuthing hackers have been hard at work since Apple released the OS in October unearthing a number of hidden features and tweaking the OS to do things it was never i...
Apple on Thursday released iOS 5.0.1, an update that the company says brings fixes for users suffering from decreased battery life under iOS 5. The update also sports a couple of additional features, including multitasking gestures for original iPad ...
Want to get your hands on the hidden panoramic feature buried inside iOS5, but don’t want it bad enough to go through the pain of jailbreaking your device? It turns out you can turn on this hidden feature without resorting to hacks.
iPhone users, rejoice! It appears that iOS 5 has it a hidden option to let you create panoramic photos.
Apple is working to fix the battery problems faced by users of devices carrying its i0S 5 mobile operating system, solve a security issue with the magnetic SmartCover for the iPad 2 and add a new multi-touch feature to its original tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW