Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
Optus has finally announced its pricing plans for Apple's new iPad Air tablet, with the telco offering the new tablet on both 12 and 24 month contracts.
Apple has pushed iOS 7.0.3 to iOS devices everywhere. The update adds support for iCloud Keychain and should provide two big fixes: both to the accelerometer calibration issue some users were seeing and recent iMessage bugs.
For Apple developers that want an easy way to add cloud storage or device-to-device push notifications to their apps, Google has announced Mobile Backend Starter for iOS.
Snapchat is giving photos and videos captured with its app some longevity.
Sources aware of Google's plans have "let slip" that an iOS version of Google Play Music All Acccess should be out by the end of October.
Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
Mocana will soon allow companies to wrap iOS 7 apps in a layer of security software designed to insulate enterprise data from hackers who are becoming increasingly interested in smartphones.
Shortly after obtaining a new iPhone 5S, CIO.com's Al Sacco, an unabashed BlackBerry user and Android loyalist, set out to find the best iOS apps that aren't available for other mobile platforms. He came with up these 15 must-have iPhone, iPad and iP...
Germany's Federal Patent Court invalidated an Apple photo-management patent because Steve Jobs showed how the technology worked during a keynote months before the company applied for the patent in Europe.
Analytics and advertising firms tracking Apple's new mobile operating system iOS 7 said today that its uptake has been 14% faster than last year's iOS 6.
The first draft of anything is terrible, Ernest Hemingway once said (though in slightly more colorful language). Facebook is applying some similar thinking and allowing users to edit their posts.
Magellan claims to have launched the first dedicated smart fitness running watch in Australia, and says the device competes on price with wearable fitness trackers like the Fitbit Flex and Jawbone Up.
Didn't catch that tweet all your friends were talking about? Twitter wants you to see it next time, using a new feature that will notify you of tweets and contacts that Twitter thinks you'll want to know about.
Facebook is moving ahead with plans to test a new mobile feature to entice more people to buy products while shopping on smaller devices such as iPhones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW