Dutch telecom operator KPN has struck a deal with encrypted communications provider Silent Circle to start offering its Dutch, German and Belgian customers encrypted phone calls and text messages.
Cloudant has announced open source, native Sync software libraries for Android and iOS, making it easier for developers to build offline access in their mobile applications.
Children now have their very own travel app for iOS devices.
Logitech has released a new wireless speaker compatible with smartphones, tablets and computers. The UE Mini Boom crams a lot of new technology, like NFC and modular pairing, into its small, affordable price-tag.
Apple on Wednesday removed Blockchain, the last remaining application in its mobile store for transmitting bitcoins, signaling the continuing uncertainty around the virtual currency.
Sencha has introduced Space, aiming to make it easier for IT departments to manage HTML5 apps running on Android, iOS or BlackBerry devices.
Facebook has introduced Paper, a mobile app that mixes content from a user's own feed with articles from "well-known publications" and displays it all with a new interface.
SingTel is sticking its proverbial toe in the vast content aggregator lake with the launch of its NewsLoop app.
Google is adding a feature to its Chrome mobile browser that can reduce data usage by up to 50 percent, which could avoid extra data charges from carriers.
Snapchat has incorporated a phone number opt-out feature into its mobile app in response to a recent hacking incident -- the company's latest effort to convince users that their personal information is safe.
The evad3rs hacking team has released a long-awaited jailbreak for Apple devices running iOS 7, but the release generated a backlash over its bundling of a Chinese app store instead of the more popular Cydia app directory.
You might think of Instagram's new private messaging feature as a way to share certain photos with just your best friends. But Instagram -- and the Kardashians -- have other ideas about how the tool could be used to serve up promotional content.
Twitter has made its direct messaging service easier to use and added the ability to send photos, in an update to the Twitter app for Android and iOS released Tuesday.
Qualcomm has made its Gimbal sensors or "proximity beacons" commercially available as part of the company's context aware platform, which lets, for example, retailers see when a customer has entered a store.
Apple is taking a closer look at shoppers in its retail stores, under a new program that will push product-related information to their mobile devices using its iBeacon trackers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC